“Beautiful location”

Ranked #19 of 109 Hotels in Riga
Helsinki, Finland
“Beautiful location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

Comfortable room with armchair, minibar, big bathroom, located in a beautiful park, great service, excellent restaurant on top of the building.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MarthaBro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tokyo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

I have stayed in this hotel just for one night, and it was very good. I arrived at 13:00, but the room wasn't ready yet, so I putted my luggage in the luggage room, and went to see the Old town. Tram stop is just outside of the hotel, so it toked me 5 minutes to get to the Town. When I came back my room was ready, and it was comfortable with free Wifi. People in the reception are extremely polite, friendly,and do their job very professional. So there wasn't any problems with check in/out time. The only thing I didn't liked is that minibar was empty,and when I asked to fill it, I was waiting for it about for an hour.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank ChanMoto
Lossburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

We have stayed in Maritim park Hotel for the first time,and I must say, that we loved it a lot. We booked a business class room on the 9 th floor with big bed, minibar and beautiful view on the Old Riga. Condition worked very good,so we weren't disappointed of hot weather. If we needed something in the room( like more towels, sleepers or pillows) we just called to the reception desk and asked them to organize this. They were very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was delicious. That's why if you want to feel more relaxed,away from crazy city, you should go to this hotel. And my advise for people who wants a bigger room with beautiful view, ask for 9th floor =)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Liene_Maritim, Guest Relations Manager at Bellevue Park Hotel Riga, responded to this review, 21 September 2011
Dear Guest,

We are very pleased to hear that you had such a positive and relaxing vacation in our hotel.
On behalf of our staff I can say that we are very happy being able to help you during your stay with us.

We hope that we may get the opportunity to be of service again on your future visit to Riga, as the view on the Old Riga is magical also during the autumn and winter.

Warm wishes,
Maritim Park Hotel Riga
Europe
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

OK, first of all, forget all this reviews you see here saying excellent bla bla.
These People must be either regular "campers" Or have never stayed in a real excellent good hotel.

This one here is awful.

Its now 1:15 am, we arrived approx at 3 pm today and were (3 flightcrew) already so fed up that we will contact company tomorrow first thing to request another hotel.

Rooms are like in a youthostel,dirty, minibar empty.
TV wasn't working,when I entered room.

Just 3 minutes ago I asked the night portier to get me an bottle of water, he said not possible ,room service not possible ,everything here is not possible.

My advice stay away,its absolutely not with the 4 stars, its more a 2 star, if!

Overall ,never ever I will let company book this hole again.

Can't wait for breakfast, may I get poisened!

• Stayed July 2011
5 Thank CaptainFischmeister
Wales
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

When booking, we were anxious about the location - we were right to be! The 'beautiful park' was overgrown and uncared for, and the steady 30 minute walk to the centre was via deserted streets strewn in parts with empty alcohol bottles, so it did not feel safe when walking back at night. On arrival, the hotel looked promising-the lobby, bar and breakfast areas were akin to any standard 4 star hotel. Walk down the corridors and the story is different-the carpet was stained and the decor very dated. A mish mash of styles made it feel half four star, half hostel. Booked a standard room which was basic at best - limited tv channels, tiny wardrobe, which was a nuisance as could only hang 6 items so had to live out of a suitcase for the duration of our stay. The curtains had moth holes, something ominous was growing in the fridge and there were nut shells from a previous guest under the bed as well as grease marks on the headboards. On the plus side the room had air conditioning which we were grateful for after a long walk back from the city in the scorching heat. The bathroom was fine and as you would expect. Breakfast was good with a range of food for all tastes - but nothing special and the breakfast room was cluttered with empty plates at times, and the staff didn't seem in any rush to clear up. Don't let this put you off going to Riga - it is a stunning city - just chose another hotel - there are plenty to chose from. We only chose this one, despite being non-central because the reviews on here were so glowing. Hope to visit Riga again very soon - but we won't be staying here.

• Stayed July 2011
Lucerne, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

Our three night stay with my family and two children at the hotel Maritim was exceptional. Our room was spacious with and had a nice balcony overlooking the skyline of Riga. The location is quiet but central located with a park. The service was excellent and the staff were very helpful. Internet is free in available in the whole hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Dear Peter,

Thank you very much for posting your review on your stay at our hotel.
We are very pleased to hear that your family enjoyed your stay, and we would be very glad to see you in Riga again.

Best wishes,
Maritim Park Hotel Riga
tombowcock
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

Having been to the Maritim Hotel in Berlin my expectations for this hotel were high. A well known strong brand name with a good reputation for quality. At just £50 a night with breakfast it did represent very good value, but Riga is awash with similar class and price hotels so right from the start I was dissapointed by the apparent lack of customer care. On booking I had requested a double bed, only to find on arrival to single beds with a unit in between. A good start to a romantic night in Riga. I was not informed prior to my arrival that my request could not be met and on querying it to be informed well the hotel is "nearly" full was hardly a beacon of customer service. Instead I was offered words of comfort along the lines of just push the two beds together. Following their advice resulted in a poor nights sleep extracting myself from the gap between the beds.
The room itself was of an average to small size and looked a little tired, but was spotlessly clean.Breakfast in the morning was good and ample, but no more than one would expect from a similar class and chain of hotels. All in all whilst still good value the couldn't careless and cavalier attitude along with a lack of communication lead to a dissapointing stay. There are many other good hotels in Riga so personally it will take quite a bit to persuade me to come here again, and possibly even Maritim hotels in general.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple