“Ordinary 3* hotel”

Bellevue Park Hotel Riga
Ranked #18 of 112 Hotels in Riga
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I had great expectations of this hotel from looking at some of the reviews on this site. However, I was a bit disappointed. I think it may be the usual story that some of the rooms have been renovated and some of them have not. My room was sort of in between, with a really nice bathroom but the rest was rather ordinary and functional. There was no safe to store valuables or laptop computers.

The hotel is situated in a nice area of parkland. It is generally a very quite area- there are no shops nearby. It is about 1.5 km from the old town which is across the river. The Old Town is very easy to get to (take tram 4 or 5). TIckets are 0.5 lats and can be bought from the kiosk shop outside the hotel. The trams seem to stop soon after 11 p.m., and girls might not want to attempt the walk back on their own, as some of the areas you cross are a bit lonely. However, it still seemed a safe sort of area.

The breakfast was o.k. with hot and cold food, but the choice of fresh fruit was limited, with most of it being the canned fruit variety. The breakfast restaurant looks a bit Spartan, but is o.k. and the staff clean up very efficiently.

The main advantage of this hotel seems to be the price- I paid about 50 Euros a night which seems to be a reasonable deal compared with some of the hotels in the Old Town.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank BorisWestCountryUK

Reviewed 26 August 2011

We stayed for one night as our flight was delayed and overall the experience was fine. The reception was friendly and the room was quite clean although outdated. The entire hotel reminded me of hotels in the 80s , so if going back in time is your thing, this hotel would fit the bill! The pros are okay location, only 3 tram stops from the old city and the room was on the clean side. The reception were professional and friendly and the masssage was excellent at the spa, although the spa bathroom could have used a good cleaning. The cons, awful noise from outside the room door (doors must be made out of paper) and the surroundings arent ideal if you want to step out and walk to the city, I personally wouldnt recommend doing so. Finally,breakfast, just ok, nothing special even if there is a great variety the quality of produce isnt the highest.

1  Thank TravelVav
Reviewed 23 August 2011

A typical modern 3 or 4 star city hotel - but it was quiet and offered views over the surrounding houses and park. Our room was very comfortable and reasonably spacious. The breakfast was OK but the coach party tour groups made it difficult to reach the food and then find somewhere to sit.

The bonus was that it was possible to walk over the bridge to the old town (in about 10-15 minutes) but one was not staying in the noise and the bustle of the city centre. Alternatively frequent trams (routes 2, 4 and 5) took one to the centre. [Tickets from the newsagent's kiosk just outside the hotel - and a written menu of ticket options was offered: it was only necessary to point at the desired ticket!]. Even better, the hotel was on the shuttle bus route between the airport and city hotels. The bus ran to time - cost 3 lats or 5 euros - and only stopped once or twice between the Maritim Park and the airport.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Liene_Maritim, Guest Relations Manager at Bellevue Park Hotel Riga, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2011

Dear Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in this quiet area and had a comfortable trip to the airport.
We would be very pleased to see you in our hotel again.

Best regards,
Maritim Park Hotel Riga

Reviewed 5 August 2011

Comfortable room with armchair, minibar, big bathroom, located in a beautiful park, great service, excellent restaurant on top of the building.

3  Thank MarthaBro
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I have stayed in this hotel just for one night, and it was very good. I arrived at 13:00, but the room wasn't ready yet, so I putted my luggage in the luggage room, and went to see the Old town. Tram stop is just outside of the hotel, so it toked me 5 minutes to get to the Town. When I came back my room was ready, and it was comfortable with free Wifi. People in the reception are extremely polite, friendly,and do their job very professional. So there wasn't any problems with check in/out time. The only thing I didn't liked is that minibar was empty,and when I asked to fill it, I was waiting for it about for an hour.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank ChanMoto
Reviewed 3 August 2011

We have stayed in Maritim park Hotel for the first time,and I must say, that we loved it a lot. We booked a business class room on the 9 th floor with big bed, minibar and beautiful view on the Old Riga. Condition worked very good,so we weren't disappointed of hot weather. If we needed something in the room( like more towels, sleepers or pillows) we just called to the reception desk and asked them to organize this. They were very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was delicious. That's why if you want to feel more relaxed,away from crazy city, you should go to this hotel. And my advise for people who wants a bigger room with beautiful view, ask for 9th floor =)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

We are very pleased to hear that you had such a positive and relaxing vacation in our hotel.
On behalf of our staff I can say that we are very happy being able to help you during your stay with us.

We hope that we may get the opportunity to be of service again on your future visit to Riga, as the view on the Old Riga is magical also during the autumn and winter.

Warm wishes,
Maritim Park Hotel Riga

Reviewed 26 July 2011

OK, first of all, forget all this reviews you see here saying excellent bla bla.
These People must be either regular "campers" Or have never stayed in a real excellent good hotel.

This one here is awful.

Its now 1:15 am, we arrived approx at 3 pm today and were (3 flightcrew) already so fed up that we will contact company tomorrow first thing to request another hotel.

Rooms are like in a youthostel,dirty, minibar empty.
TV wasn't working,when I entered room.

Just 3 minutes ago I asked the night portier to get me an bottle of water, he said not possible ,room service not possible ,everything here is not possible.

My advice stay away,its absolutely not with the 4 stars, its more a 2 star, if!

Overall ,never ever I will let company book this hole again.

Can't wait for breakfast, may I get poisened!

• Stayed: July 2011