“Hotel is OK”

Ranked #18 of 109 Hotels in Riga
Bologna, Italy
“Hotel is OK”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The hotel is really nice and the location is perfect arounded by parks. Room was clean and big enough, really cannot complain. Breakfast also was a good one. Also, I've eaten at their restaurant and the service was great and food really good and tasty. It's possible to leave your luggage at the reception and in general staff working there is really nice and helpful.
After working day, also the massage was very professional and relaxing, the best I ever had. Thank's!

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Linda_Maritim, Public Relations Manager at Bellevue Park Hotel Riga, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Good afternoon, Roberto R.

Thank you for good words about the hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Hoping to see you again in Maritim Park Hotel Riga soon. Massage table will be prepared for you.

MARI-team.

P.S. Massage table will be prepared for you :)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I was surprised how big are rooms. At least on the floor No 9! Almost like a Presidential suit!

Pros. Comfortable bed, clean, large room and bathroom. Place is convenient to come by car. Large enough parking place. Good location if you have to do business on the left bank of Daugava river.
Cons. Too small breakfast buffet area. While our team stayed at hotel there was large group of elder people thereof it took quite long time to get your breakfast.

Good afternoon, Santa T.

Thank you very much for your positive review. It is a fact that during high - season hotel is fully booked and breakfast can be crowded, however we are trying to do our best to serve everyone on time. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again.

Deurne, The Netherlands
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I had a pleasant stay in this hotel, together with my son.
Nice staff,good,clean room, very good breakfast.
Only negative thing, noise from the adjecent room was disturbing my rest at night.. too noisy rooms..

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Good afternoon, Patricia V.

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you are satisfied with your stay in the hotel. Unfortunately, we are not able to control our guest’s behavior during their stay, but you always can call to front desk in order to solve the problem for you. We hope to see you again in near future in Maritim Park Hotel Riga.

Kind regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

I got a great rate for this hotel, 30£ per night and for that I felt I got great value. I was given a large room overlooking a lovely park and lots of greenery. Internet worked very well, bed was big and comfortable. Room was spacious,and comfortable, maybe slightly dated. Breakfast was terrible but other than that I had no complaints. The location was perfect for me. So outside of city centre and so quiet and peaceful and yet a 10 minute tram ride away and tram service was just outside hotel and a tram arrived every 5 minutes
Overall very good value for money. If I return to Riga, I will go straight back there

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Good afternoon, gabrieltheangel72.

Thank you for your informal review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. It would be wonderful if could specify what exactly was bad at breakfast, (e.g. service, food, atmosphere etc.) in order to manage it during your next stay. Hoping to see you again at our hotel.

Kind regards,
Espoo, Finland
Reviewed 11 July 2013

If you need basic accomodations, this hotel will work for that. If you are looking for anything unique or any kind of experience, keep looking. The room is clean and adequate, but nothing in this hotel stands out. None of the staff is friendly. The hotel also has a very 80's feel. The location is not great. There a tram right outside the hotel, which takes you to downtown, so it works. Parking is free, so if you are travelling by car, that is a benefit. The restaurant on the top floor has a great view, but honestly neither the food nor the service is that great, plus the cost is a bit prizy. The oddest thing is the faint music they play to your room via a speaker. If I want music, I would ask for it. I had to call the reseption to ask them to turn it off. Even the bed was tilted, almost felt like a coachbed.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Good afternoon, CaliforniaGirl C.

Thank you for your informal review. It is sad to hear about your recent stay in our hotel. We are sorry that music was disturbing, however front-line can always solve any problem in a short time. In order to get to the city center you can also use minibuses and buses, it takes less than 15 minutes. We will take into consideration your remarks and will try to correct them.

Glasgow
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I stayed four nights at this hotel in a superior room. The view from the 10th floor was excellent, the room was large, comfortable and well appointed with a good balcony and super air conditioning. There was just one strange feature which I'll come onto later.

The location required transport to the town but there are plenty of taxis and a convenient tram.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful. We had no issues getting information or help so I was very happy with the service.

The breakfast was good which a great selection. It was a bit of a melee since the coffee machine is located and at the narrowest point of the bar and there's only one two slice toaster for everyone but the quality was fine and there was plently.

The hotel advertises that it has a restaurant. Don't count on it. On the first day it was closed for the second of two days according to the sign. On the second day of my stay the sign changed so that it was closed for another two days. On the fourth day the sign changed yet again to say it was closed for the next two days. In short the restaurant was never open.
We ate in the bar twice which was fine and it looked like there was a good value happy hour.

Onto my issue with this hotel, the noise. This is not a peaceful hotel. 1) After the first night I had to move rooms due to noise from a fan. It was not in my room but seemed to be coming from the buildings aircon system. It was lound enough to disturb my sleep. 2) The hotel is used by tour groups. Bus loads of people seem to be constantly coming and going and sometimes in the evening. Some of the people in the groups come from parts of the world where it seems to be acceptable to leave your room door open and shout from room to room late at night.
3) During my stay I was sometimes aware of very faint music in my room. My colleague in another room also mentioned this to me. We assumed it was coming from another room or the mystery restaurant on the 11th floor but it was too quiet to identify the source. On my last night it was louder than normal and after midnight was stopping me getting to sleep. I was determined to find out where it was coming from. Not the adjacent room, not the floor and the restaurant was of course closed and silent. It seemed to be coming from the bathroom but the bathroom was also quiet. I put my ear to the bathroom wall and I can hear it more clearly. I stood on a chair to listen to the vent on the wall (in the room, not the bathroom), but what's this? The vent is not a vent but is in fact a speaker! What is going on here?. I called the reception and asked them to turn off the speaker and 10 seconds later it was silent. Very kind of them to pipe unwanted music into my room constantly but it is quite unusual and very irritating.

I did enjoy my stay here but themy primary requirement of a hotel is to provide a place to sleep and I had two disturbed nights.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Linda_Maritim, Guest Relations Manager at Bellevue Park Hotel Riga, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Good day MulchyG
Thank you for your good words about our hotel good service and also thank you for clear description of what exactly was the reason that disturbed your sleep. Please accept our apologize that by mistake emergency speaker in your room were turned on.
Unfortunately, we can not be responsible for how other guests behave, however you always can call to reception and they will take care. Send security or find any other solution that provide you peace of mind.
Regarding top floor restaurant it was not closed, but booked for private events. Our top floor restaurant is required for celebrations especially during the summer.
However we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and you will have a chance to try our panoramic restaurant Bellevue next time.
Your MARI-team
Tampere, Finland
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Good hotel with somewhat bad location. Once you get to know the area it's ok. Taxis are cheap in Riga. :)
Hotel has cash automate, spa, beauty salon, two restaurants, kiosk..... You name it!
The spa has excellent foot massage!

Room Tip: Superior room was suppose to have twin bed, but there was two beds....