“Location, Location, Location :)”

Rixwell Centra Hotel
Ranked #32 of 109 Hotels in Riga
Galway, Ireland
“Location, Location, Location :)”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This was my 3rd or 4th stay in the Hotel Centa.
Location could not be more suitable, in the hart of the old city.
Can not fault this hotel at all, spotlessly clean and all the fixtures and fittings are to hight standards,
Only down fall is the noise, buy hey! If you want to stay so central you have .to sacrifice something. We were waken both nights/early morning by drunks screaming under the window. But it did not bother us.

Will definitely stay here again,

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Muzle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Southern Finland, Finland
Reviewed 4 January 2014

The location is best possible, but otherwise this hotel is quite average, even though there are some bright spots.
Wireless network (free!) in the room worked not perfectly. The connection was broken quite often.
The bathroom / toilet is quite small, at least in Junior Suite
The breakfast was quite modest, f.i. not bacon and scrambled eggs.

Very clean hotel, staff is friendly and service minded. Printer and PC are available at the reception.

Room Tip: Try to get a quiet room.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I arrived quite late in the evening and the receptionist wanted my credit card details "as a deposit for the mini bar" although I had already payed for the room with it and the hotel should have these details. I thought this was really strange especially in the context of comments I had heard for this part of the world where people are asked to pay with a credit cards and then it is emptied. So I refused giving it. On the next day I asked my colleague whether he's been asked for the same and he refused. Two days later I had booked another stay in the same hotel. This time I wasn't asked for my credit card number. Was it an attempt for a robbery I don't know but it was a valuable experience to have.
Generally the quality was good but there was some rusty parts in the bathrooms that were not quite well maintained. It was really clean. Some weird pipes and internal staircase were basically looking into my room which was also a bit strange. It was not very quiet. I really needed some good sleep but some noise was coming into my room now and then.
I don't think I would book the same place again if I happen to go there.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dancho H
Riga, Latvia
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed there just one night, but i was surprised about this hotel.
First of all, Location is perfect, cos u are in the centre of old town and is very easy and comfortable to move there.
The room was big, warm and comfortable. Let's say is new furniture.
Very beautiful bathroom, modern,spacious. Aspecially, i liked heated floor.
Service is also very nice, atmosphere is quiet,romantic and elegant in the same time.
We had just breakfast , but it was also fine with lot of different choice.
++Good connection of Wi-Fi

Thank you so much! We recommend this hotel

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GeraKremov
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

I spent 2 nights at Centra and I have only good things to say. Location is great, middle of the old city right in front the "steak house" restaurant .
Under the hotel you can find many coffee houses, restaurants and also the shopping center gallery center mall , which is 2 minutes walking from the hotel and has everything you need plus a great shopping experience. The rooms are very big, almost as an apartment (I had a dbl room ) , very clean, very organized with a modern look.The bathroom was clean and had a good smell, plus all the required soaps and extras for a pleasant stay. Breakfast was excellent !!! Fresh, clean , quality and lots of options which I really enjoyed. Wifi is free and very fast without any problems. Bed was comfy and large. The reception people were friendly mainly Liena which was very kinds, assisted me with every need and ordered me million texti's for my meetings...
Price was very attractive so in general a very high value for the costs and a total surprise for meeting such a nice hotel . I will definitely come back to this hotel.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mentorit
Sastamala, Finland
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Best thing was the location. Also the price/quality rate very good. At the friday evening litle noisy
I had booked a suite, and it was very spacios. check out time could be 12 am instead of current 11 am

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Mikko76
San Francisco
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We were lucky, I think, to get a room facing the courtyard. This might be important during the busy tourist summertimes because the noise level on the street would be avoided. We liked our room because it was virtually divided into a foyer with the closet, then a mini office with desk and the double bed tucked away alcove like with an oval shaped bathroom. There was a nice modern radiator for adequate heat during a winter. I see the mini bar/fridge which we never use but was nice to have. The location was excellent, being a stone's throw from St Peters Church, but also close to the outer limit of old town. We were able to walk, in 10 minutes to the Central Market and there was nearby transportation to the outer parts of Riga as well as bus to the airport about 300 meters away. We took a taxi to and from the airport and it was 10Lats, at todays rate approximately 14 euros. The hotel staff , Liene, was very helpful in calling the taxi for us. The hotel offers buffet breakfast in the morning with a nice variety ranging from cereal flakes and such to fried eggs with local ham. I also appreciated the orange juice and the packaged cream cheese which was more creamy than our American variety. Apparently, the hotel owner has a friend who is an artist and his art decorates the place from the reception to the rooms. We made our reservation through Booking.com and I can also recommend their service as well as this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple