“Lovely rooms, breakfast a bit disappointing”

St. Peter's Boutique Hotel
Ranked #27 of 112 Hotels in Riga
Reviewed 13 March 2013 via mobile

Had a brilliant stay here with my girlfriend for 3 nights in Feb. Got upgraded to a suite free of charge and a complimentary bottle of champagne. Excellent location near the river and old town centre with all the bars and restaurants. Cash machine round the corner. The only thing that spoilt it for me was the breakfast seemed a bit restricted and limited to what seemed like a traditional Latvian breakfast (ie loads of spicy meat and egg) but a bit more variety would have been nice.
However this shouldn't put you off, the service was one of the best I've experienced, and the interior design/decor has obviously had a lot of thought put into it.
STAY HERE!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank ShawyP

Reviewed 1 February 2013

I expected really much from this small hotel as I looked the pictures before I arrived. But for me it was a big dissapointment. The standard double room where I stayed was ugly and unhygienic. Only positive aspect was the size of the room. The bed was uncomfortable and squeaking, everything looked old and tired. Things meant to be white once were now mix of yellow and brown. I was also surprised by thistles in the vase. Bathroom smelled funny. The room screamed for renovation. I had a "perfect view" from the window - to a small and messy courtyard and a boring wall. Furniture in the room was cheap and really uncomfortable, probably bought from some flea market. Nothing special at all. Also, be careful when you step out of the hotel, there might be broken glass everywhere because there are several bars beside and next to this hotel.
Despite of that the staff looked friendly and the lobby was nice and cozy. Breakfast was in the basement. Nothing special but I got my stomach filled. The location of the hotel itself (in the old down) is quite good. But still I have no will to return there. Maybe other rooms and suite were better but the room I stayed was really unpleasant.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2012

well, Boutigue hotel 4 stars.. what can you expect about this? more then average at least, isn't? the main thing they are good 3 stars but 4 stars hotel... clean rooms, good restoran.. nor bad receptionist.. 3 stars - yes.
we stayed in room 17. quite confusing moment was a fact of ear plugs left on table. we thought this is for noisy neighbors pure things we are.. naive people..))
from 12 night till 5 am !!!! you will "enjoy" by all wild techno and trans style music tracks from night club opposite this hotel..
take earplugs and try to sleep. but no way you will get it, every single song you can feel, couse the level of loud decibels much much more then allowed by low..
so here we go.. you paying just for name and crazy night when are trying to get sleep and MUST learn all popular songs local club. Terrible...

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Olya-UK
Reviewed 27 December 2012

The location of the hotel is great - just 10min walk from the bus station and 15 from railway. It's situated in Old Town of Riga which makes it within minutes to get to all the main attractions.
Staff is friendly and room is clean, decent and cosy.

Perfect value for the money! Very recommended.

Breakfast is included in the room rate, though it couldn't have be a little better.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2012

This is a lovely hotel! Its warm atmosphere, perfect location, friendly staff and decorated rooms make you feel very welcome. In the reception area there's a cozy fireplace. It's a hotel with soul, which is quite uncommon these days. Before travelling to Riga we read about this hotel that there was some noise disturbance, but we weren't very bothered with it. Actually, our hotel room had complimentary ear plugs. We didn't find use for them, even though we were there on a weekend. Also it's good value for money. We ordered a luxury suite for three nights, three friends. Lots of space, minibar, spacious spa-like bathroom with a bathtub. Closets for suitcases. Safe free of charge. We paid 200 LAT, which I think a very reasonable price. Breakfast buffet included, which was very nice. Lots of different varieties. If I'm going to Riga again some day, I definitely will choose St. Peters Boutique Hotel.

Room Tip: The luxury suite is a perfect place to stay, but beware it's only one bedroom. It's a fold-o...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Christine Cecil... T
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Lovely, clean, cosy hotel in a brilliant location, in Riga old town. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Good selection at Breakfast. We stayed in room no. 8 which is at the back of the hotel, so if there was any noise from bars etc., we didn't hear it. Only negative thing- we noticed after settling our final bill for the mini bar, the receipt had not only my name and date of birth, but also my Passport number printed on it! Didn't notice at the time, but was quite annoyed.

Room Tip: All the rooms are different, but as people seem to complain about the noise level, I would recommend...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 November 2012

The location is great, right in the old city. The neighbouring establishments were punk bars, but we had no problem with the clientele or the noise. The staff were very helpful, rooms were clean and adequate, and the breakfast was great. It was located less than 100 meters from the 11 November bus/tram stop, so access to public transportation was an ease, although if you plan on sticking around the old town you could walk to everything. Speaking of which, there's a walking tour of the city at 11:00am everyday starting at St. Peter's Church which I highly recommend. The work for donations, and our guide (Thoms) was great.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple