“Top Notch”
Review of Hotel Bergs

Hotel Bergs
Ranked #1 of 110 Hotels in Riga
Reviewed 31 July 2012

A great choice for a high end hotel in Riga. Comfortable rooms, extremely friendly service, and a wonderful breakfast. One of the nicest things about Bergs is that in the rooms everything is where you'd expect to be, so there is no hunting around for a hidden light switch or electrical contact. One of the best designed rooms I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janis_Lapsa

Reviewed 21 July 2012

Because of flight delays and lost luggage, my family of five and I arrived a day late at the Bergs Hotel for our duel vacation in Latvia and Bergs sister Hotel Padaste in Estonia. Hotel Berg went above and beyond to adjust our reservations and accommodate us in light of our drama.
The Hotel by far was the best I have ever visited and I am comparing this to Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental to name just a sample of the places we have stayed in our numerous travels. The rooms were beautiful and fantastically clean, well appointed, airy and large. All of this in a quaint clean lovely city with equally lovely residents.
Hotel Padaste on Muhu Island was more rustic but equally beautiful. The grounds of the Manor hotel and Muho Island itself is simply a piece of heaven. If not for the fact that our luggage was lost and we did not have adequate clothing etc this hotel and vacation would have been hard
to surpass. I would love to revisit these hotels and cities again and again but unfortunately i doubt I will ever fly outside of the United States going forward. Maybe like labor pains, I'll forget with time. If so, this will be the first place I travel to. Yes it was that wonderful.
A personnel THANKS to the entire staff of the Hotel Berg for your kindness and professionalism. You should be the standard by which all hotels look to.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank memphis129
Reviewed 5 July 2012

My wife and I spent two nights at Hotel Bergs and it was a delight. The location, off the street in a lovely courtyard, could not be nicer. The welcome is warm and sincere. The rooms are large and well-designed. Nice restaurant and bar and staff members who are always willing to help. The restaurant is first-rate and, within 30 meters, there are two other very good places to have lunch, a drink or dinner. Bergs is a bit expensive but worth it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Very comfortable stay for a family of 6, child friendly. Outstanding restaurant - breakfast is very good however the dinner menu is simply outstanding. Treat yourself to a night's dinner at Bergs and you won't be disappointed. We found location to be good. Tram stops, old city of Riga, opera and parks all very accessible. Service is on the improve in Latvia all the time, and Hotel Bergs would be at the forefront of good service we have experienced in Latvia. We agree that bedding room space, kitchen and furnishings are all very tasteful and comfortable. If we have the chance we would stay at this hotel again without question.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Decent sized rooms, great location, if a bit soul-less. The only let-down was the service... refused to upgrade even though the hotel was nearly empty while we were there, plus charged for breakfast even though it should have been complimentary. The service at breakfast was also rather slow; food mixed-up and orders forgotten on 2 out of 3 mornings. Apart from those mishaps nothing to complain about!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We stayed in Riga for 2 nights, which was long enough, and the Berg Hotel was the highlight. To be fair the weather was terrible, very wet and cold. The hotel is great! The biggest hotel room you could imagine with a lounge, dining table and chairs and a kitchenette, a really beautiful and well planned room. We found the staff to be exceptionally helpful, organising us a taxi and making sure we didn't get ripped off by the notorious cab drivers.

The restaurant is terrific, we had a fantastic meal with the staff and chef going out of their way to accommodate my dietary restrictions. Garage rest. is also a fun place in the hotel.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2012

It really irks me to write the title of this review, it really does.
A wonderful hotel, greeted like royalty on arrival, luggage carried as we were shown to our suite and made to feel very special.
Explored our suite, wowwed and grinned at each other several times and more than once said how lucky we were to stay at such a wonderful boutique hotel in a beautiful city.
Couldn't work out how the lights worked, a quick call to reception solved that mystery and all was perfect.
Just perfect.
Nothing else to say.
UNTIL CHECK OUT.
I'd booked my break through Expedia and paid in full a full 6 months ago.
Imagine my horror when at reception I was told I had a sizeable bill to pay. There was some anxious moments before an eagle eyed reception assistant noticed that I had prepaid for my suite. Explanation from Miss You Owe Us So Much.........Oh, an administration error, but you owe us for the milk you requested throughout your stay.
It wasn't a fortune, but boy did it rile me.
And I can't get past that.
One of the top 10 boutique hotels in the world and you charge me for milk to add to my complimentary tea and coffee!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple