“Simply perfect”
Review of Hotel Bergs

Hotel Bergs
Ranked #3 of 112 Hotels in Riga
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I have chosen Bergs by "accident", the hotel where my friends were staying was fully booked, so I google-mapped & booked the closest option to their hotel, and it turned out to be Hotel Bergs. At first I thought that €700 for 4 nights was very expensive for a cheapest available room but I changed my mind as soon as I walked into the so-called studio. I had my own luxurious appartment in Riga!! With walk-in closets, living room, tiny dining room, and reasonable size kitchen with microwave (minus the stove due to fire hazard). The location is perfect, in front of a wonderful park and 5 mins walking distance from old town and train station. However the hotel is hidden off the main street, so it's extremely quite. Breakfast buffet was ok, somewhat limited choice, however one could order a la carte as well. Had dinner in the Bergs Restaurant, the food was amazing, the beef filet was tender like butter, and cooked to perfection. Overall, loved everything about Hotel Bergs. There is only one tiny flaw I could think of - the doors in the bath shower are so narrow, every time I took a shower, there was a flood on the floor. And, Sofitel's MyBed, you have definitely met your match at Hotel Bergs!! The pillow menu is extensive, and the mattresses are so soft, it's like sleeping on a cloud! Will definitely be back when next time in Riga. I recommend this new modern hotel to anyone and for whatever needs- families with children, business trips, romantic stay: Bergs can cater to all, in my opinion. Great hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Butomika

Reviewed 14 August 2012

We stayed here for three nights and found the hotel good value and in a great location. At first we were concerned that it might have been too far away from the main tourist attractions of Riga, but we needn't have worried. It was an easy walk to the old town and to the major art nouveau buildings. When we went down to the old town for dinner on a Saturday night, we really appreciated the Hotel Bergs' location - several of its main competitors were down here and it was really noisy and chaotic. The decor is very modern and the mini-apartment concept included a dining and living area and small kitchenette, worked really well. We used it to make our own breakfast and save the 20 Euros the hotel charged for breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan8552
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Very nice Boutique Hotel with very spacious rooms to a reasonable price. Rooms are clean and well furnished. The small "kitchen" corner was very useful. Only negative point was the check out- the room was charged to our credit card even tough it was already prepaid. After some minutes the problem was quickly solved. Nice and romatic hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank brucewife
Reviewed 6 August 2012

The hotel is in a pretty good location, surrounded by lots of fab places to eat and shop in the Bergs bazaar area. Approx 15 minutes walk to the old town. Rooms were large, comfortable, functional and air conditioned. £150 a night doesn't include breakfast - thats an extra £25 - so we ate out every morning, a tasty full breakfast in many cafes nearby costing around £5. Similarly the dinner menu was expensive and so we ate out every evening too (for half the hotel price or less).

Reviewed 31 July 2012

A great choice for a high end hotel in Riga. Comfortable rooms, extremely friendly service, and a wonderful breakfast. One of the nicest things about Bergs is that in the rooms everything is where you'd expect to be, so there is no hunting around for a hidden light switch or electrical contact. One of the best designed rooms I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janis_Lapsa
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Because of flight delays and lost luggage, my family of five and I arrived a day late at the Bergs Hotel for our duel vacation in Latvia and Bergs sister Hotel Padaste in Estonia. Hotel Berg went above and beyond to adjust our reservations and accommodate us in light of our drama.
The Hotel by far was the best I have ever visited and I am comparing this to Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental to name just a sample of the places we have stayed in our numerous travels. The rooms were beautiful and fantastically clean, well appointed, airy and large. All of this in a quaint clean lovely city with equally lovely residents.
Hotel Padaste on Muhu Island was more rustic but equally beautiful. The grounds of the Manor hotel and Muho Island itself is simply a piece of heaven. If not for the fact that our luggage was lost and we did not have adequate clothing etc this hotel and vacation would have been hard
to surpass. I would love to revisit these hotels and cities again and again but unfortunately i doubt I will ever fly outside of the United States going forward. Maybe like labor pains, I'll forget with time. If so, this will be the first place I travel to. Yes it was that wonderful.
A personnel THANKS to the entire staff of the Hotel Berg for your kindness and professionalism. You should be the standard by which all hotels look to.

1  Thank memphis129
Reviewed 5 July 2012

My wife and I spent two nights at Hotel Bergs and it was a delight. The location, off the street in a lovely courtyard, could not be nicer. The welcome is warm and sincere. The rooms are large and well-designed. Nice restaurant and bar and staff members who are always willing to help. The restaurant is first-rate and, within 30 meters, there are two other very good places to have lunch, a drink or dinner. Bergs is a bit expensive but worth it.