Radi un Draugi
    Average 3/5
    • Restaurant
    • Restaurant
    • Breakfast included
    All reviewsgreat locationold townrock cafedouble windowsnoise from the streetlatvian dishesnight lifebars restaurantsstreet sidelight sleeperhotel is perfectshort walkfamily roomhot and cold foodvery pleasant staythe busbreakfast choices
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 15 November 2013

That's what it means - Radi un Draugi. My wife and I spent 2 nights here in November and we were fully satisfied with the quality of our room and the hotel as a whole. On arriving we found a coffetable with two comfortable chairs, a water boiler and complementary tea and coffee waiting for us in our room. Being somewhat exhausted from the journey, this was ideal. On my online booking form I had asked for a balcony ( we belong to the almost extinct group of smokers), and the room HAD a balcony. The staff was very serviceminded and friendly and they willingly gave us plenty of good advice. In the morning we enjoyed the delicious breakfast buffet that the hotel's restaurant HE's offered. For all this we paid a total of appr. 115 EURO, which in my opinion was a bargain.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Paul586
    Reviewed 15 November 2013

Nice, comfortable and very strategically situated hotel. The old city and manin attractions are just within a short walk.
    The room is very nice, comfortable bed and with great shower. The TV channels are limited with a great majority in Latvian. CNN was not operational during my stay.

The restaurant HE's is a very nicely designed cozy place. The breakfast is composed of varied hot and cold itemas and of very high quality.

The staff is polite and communicative.

Strongly recommended in regards of price and high quality in a great location.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
    Reviewed 8 November 2013

Location. Location. Location.
    This is mid size hotel which is wonderfully located in the old town of Riga on a small street a little step aside of most tourist roads. Those reviewers who wrote that it is loud outside because of two bars located opposite to the hotel building were absolutely right. But at the same time my advise is to close the window! That would be enough not to hear anything even if on the night of arrival we were lucky to have Halloween parties all over and you could imagine that bars were FULL. At the same time street is full of people because it is NOT allowed to smoke in cafes, bars or restaurants in Riga (smokers, hello!) and so all groups of young people are hanging out close to the bar on the street because they smoke. So, do not be afraid when you see ~ 50 drunk people in front of your hotel door on Friday or Saturday evening.
    Coming back to hotel. I should start with a staff which is friendly and welcoming. The only minor point was that the receptionist on the day of arrival told us it is impossible to have late dinner close to the hotel (around 11:30 p.m.) We left the hotel at our own risk and on the next corner we easily found a steak house and had a normal dinner with a a lot of people eating next to us (not good that a receptionist of 4* hotel is not able to give such an easy advise, I am not even talking about calling to some restaurants to organize a table for us!)
    The room is big and full of light. There are 5 light sources in the hotel room which is not common and I like it. The bathroom could be bigger but it is still comfortable with bath tub (it is a little bit too high so might be a small problem for older generation to get in and out). The room is averagely clean and I would prefer housekeepers to work more accurate but nothing really bad noted.
    There is no gym which I thought to be a must for 4* hotel, the guest book in the room offers the possibility to visit swimming pool somewhere in the city but it is not the same thing.
    The parking is really small. You must leave your car key at the reception so that they could move your car to let other guests' cars out. Nothing special but be sure that it could easily happened that you woun't have free space for your car so make a request when booking the room (parking costs 15EUR/night).
    The breakfast is ok but they could offer some more fruits (I saw just three apples and few oranges) . Sausages are absolutely perfect. Bacon, porridge, eggs, everything fresh and warm. Two (!) sorts of cheese (remember, it is 4* hotel...). All in all breakfast is acceptable and breakfast staff is absolutely nice and friendly.
    Could easily recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Riga and should repeat again that hotel location is really strategic.

Room Tip: Ask for the room 517. Very nice and light room with a small balcony (not all of the rooms got balconies) and perfect view to the roofs of old Riga.
    • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank DmitryStPetersburg
    Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed for few nights during the week....The room was nice, even if i had one on the front side, i had no problems with the noise...ok, i must admit the situation might be different during weekends..For the price paid, i guess it was really good value...The breakfast was not so rich, and a bit annoying that you have to present some vouchers every morning..Other than this, staff was helpfull...really had a pleasant stay...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
    Reviewed 13 October 2013

The location of the hotel is perfectly situated in the old town and within walking distance to all the main sights. The welcome and reception was good and the reception looks nice. Unfortunately I stayed in a single room and it really was quite a small room with a quite narrow single bed. The carpet and bed covers matched in colour - a rather miserable browny-beige colour. The complete opposite of the flashy reception. I did not feel happy in this small room with the small bed. My room was also next to the cleaners staff room which meant I was woken up quite early by the cleaners. All in all I was disappointed and happy to leave. Nonetheless I can't fault the location.

• Stayed: September 2013