“poor hotel”
Review of ABC Hotel

ABC Hotel
Ranked #83 of 112 Hotels in Riga
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Located at the exit from the city. Near the airport. Convenient for those flying early in the morning, enough half an hour before the flight,Take a way- rich breakfast. Staff (total two guys) kind and try to please as much as possible

Hotel - Motel, to be exact. Young travelers. No elevator, and all rooms are second and third floor. Rooms are small and really not clean. Actually do not clean them at all just change linen and towels.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank leon d

Reviewed 27 June 2013

We stayed one night as a layover during a connecting flight. We arrived late and the person at the front desk acted almost as if they didn't work there. There was no elevator and we had trouble lugging all of our luggage up the stairs. The room layout was ok. Small simple lock on the door. Don't know if I would stay again.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed here because I had 11 hours between a connecting flight and it was close to the hotel. It only cost just under 5 lats to get there which is less than £5.
The staff were really friendly and as I was leaving before breakfast was open, they made me my own continental breakfast which was very kind and lovely.
The room was standard, although there was hairs in the shower. It was on the ground floor which was fine, however when people were walking around above it was very creaky and I struggled to sleep. The walls are very thin so I could hear my neighbours talking all through the night.
However it was cheap and the staff made up for this. I also ate dinner there when I landed. I can recommend the club sandwich. Very nice.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 13 May 2013

They have been overbooked: crowds in coridors, chatter, music. In the room - no pillow cases - pillow was tucked under the sheet, pillows and mattresses are stained. Night portier found us pillow cases at request. Toilet had urine stained and smelled seat. Possible that they have been coping with too much to service. It is really close to the airport but more a hostel than a hotel. No elevator.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank redlemon19
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We only stayed in this hotel for a few hours as we had a long overnight layover at the airport.

Given that it is so cheap, the rooms are large and clean and the service at the front desk is friendly.

I would recommend this hotel if you need to be near the airport, but as I was only there for a few hours, I can't really say much more. It was much nicer than we expected.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stephie_Roro
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Service was fine ,I was happy to have a nice cup of cofee when I wanted and it was possible to have some food.Room was nice and cleen, unfortunately I get one next to entrance doors - so I had some extra noise.Lokation of the hotel is O.K. if you rent or have a car - it takes 10 to 15 min to get to the old part of Riga.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Arnis E
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Friends booked our two night stay at the ABC Hotel because of convenience...I am very picky to say the least. But our stay was not as bad as some of the reviews. Our room was actually clean but definitely not the Hyatt Regency. The beds were ok, the shower was very small but again, it was clean and that is more important to me than all the fancy extras.

It was noisy outside, the staff was not very helpful, their English was fair. We didn't have the breakfast there but we did ask for a Coke which was at best warm.

The price is average and overall so is the hotel.

Room Tip: We were in the back so not sure about the rest of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Riga hotels
Best Western Airport Hotel Mara
Wellton Centrum Hotel & SPA
Neiburgs Hotel
Neiburgs Hotel
#1 of 112 in Riga

Been to ABC Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about ABC Hotel

Address: Shampetera iela 139a, Riga 1046, Latvia
Region: Latvia > Riga Region > Riga
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #83 of 112 Hotels in Riga
Hotel Class:3 star — ABC Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your ABC Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Abc Hotel Riga