“Splendid fish restaurant”

Fisherman's Son
Ranked #172 of 1,090 Restaurants in Riga
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: ”Strong and tough people live in this quiet corner of the earth ” Vilis Lacis says on coastal Latvians.In 1939, a feature film was made after his romana ”Fisherman`s Son” , depicting life in fishing villages, fishermen, their joys and troubles, harsh and full of risk everyday life. One generation inherits tools from the other, working methods and hope to become wealthier and independent.Oscar is a fisherman`s son, who is fighting for these ideals, with a bright mind, strong will and faith in a better tomorrow.
Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

One of the top 10 meals we have had all round the world.

Both the butter fish wrapped in bacon and the catfish were simply superb.

Sensible number of items on the menu, and a second visit did not disappoint.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

Nice average food, but overpriced. You need to know, that You will gonna pay extra 10% on Your check: strange additional 10% restaurant mark-up (it isn't service fee!).
So don't forget also about tips!

Reviewed 1 May 2013

So don't forget also about tips!

1  Thank Rolands S
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I chose this restaurant because I was very hungry and tired due to searching good restaurant in Riga Old Town - what I didn't manage. So I entered this restaurant and my first impression was quite nice. Waiter was very helpful and atmosphere was nice and quite. Unfortunately food was very average. I took lamb chops which were rather tasting like mutton ones.
I will not try it for second time but I can not say that this choice was a mistake.

Reviewed 15 January 2013 via mobile

Well actually this was first place where I've come and had a meal. I decided since my colleagues told me 'bout this place. So.. Very good. Food was perfect and service as well. Prices? Actually i was expecting a bit more expensive, but it was ok ;). For a starter i had, fried lampreys - waiter told me that it's one of the Latvian national fishes. I've eaten this fish for a first time, and it was great!!! For the main course i took brown trout which was perfect as well - special thanks to chef :) That was really a journey for my stomach and i enjoyd it :) waiter was really kind to me from the begining of my visit. So i will come back here for 100%, but this time i'll take some national meat meal. Good luck guys - You're doing great!!!! :)