Review Highlights
Brilliant guide

We went on the free walking tour that meets at 11am outside StPeters Church in Riga Old town on... read more

Reviewed 2 February 2019
leamterrace131
Rhos-on-Sea, United Kingdom
via mobile
Really good walking tour!

A big thank you to Tom's our guide, we met in front of the church at 11.00 and set off on our walk... read more

Reviewed 20 December 2018
L5622RPsandrag
Great Wakering, United Kingdom
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Riga
from US$9.20
from US$23.00
from US$23.00
from US$86.27
More Info
All reviews free walking tour great tour night kayak old town his knowledge two hours peters church an excellent guide enjoyable tour interesting information beautiful city toms humour sights anecdotes canal nationalities
Reviewed 21 May 2017

This is our last day in Latvia and I can honestly say I can't imagine what our trip would have been like if we hadn't met Toms. He's way more than a 'tour guide'...I broke my foot on our second day in Riga and he went above and beyond to make our trip wonderful. He was flexible and adjusted to what I was able to do and it turned out I was able to see and enjoy more of Riga (and surrounding areas) than I'd ever imagined. Not only is he very knowledgable, but he has a love for this city and it's history and architecture and art that he shared with us. We're coming back next year largely because of how much Toms made us fall in love with Riga. Thank you Toms!

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed 25 April 2017

This is a must in Riga! Toms, the guide, is very knowledgeable and friendly, he offered a chilled yet educational tour at the end of which he gave us tips and tricks about what to see and where to eat. We had a beer toghether and enjoyed our afternoon, cheers Toms! Perfect as a first/second day activity.

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and I met Toms, the owner of Tours In Riga, by chance and got talking to him.

Toms is very pleasant and has excellent knowledge of Riga and was more than happy to discuss Riga with us. He mentioned the kayaking tour that Tours In Riga run and the following night we booked on.

Despite it being sub-zero temperatures, you feel very warm once you get going and out instructor was very patient and told us a lot about the history of Riga as a city.

The journey round the city canal offers a great alternative view of the old town and is very peaceful at night. The journey is quite tiring if you aren't used to kayaking but a brilliant experience.

I would definitely recommend Tours In Riga and their kayaking tour to anyone visiting Riga!

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

This tour is a must! You will learn tons of useful information about Riga. Toms, our guide was amazing, he is extremely knowledgable and eager to provide any information about this stunning city. Thumbs up!

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Toms is everything you look for in a great tour guide: excitable, friendly, knowledgable and very funny. His tour took in the main sites of Riga's Old Town and covered the history of Latvian statehood, the medieval era, the Soviet and Nazi occupations and modern Latvia. This is a great tour and is definitely worth a couple of hours on your first day to get you acquainted with the city and learn a decent chunk of local history.

Date of experience: February 2017