“The largest catalogue you will ever see!”

Yakuza Sushi & Asian Fusion Elizabetes 10
Ranked #206 of 1,006 Restaurants in Riga
Cuisines: Italian, Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“The largest catalogue you will ever see!”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This place seems to serve everything from sushi to carbonaras. I have always stuck withe former and not once regretted it.

Visited March 2014

Marion, Indiana
“Good sushi, excellent value.”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This is an excellent little sushi restaurant, with sushi at a good price. I had the biggu platter, for under 20 lat, and it was the first time I have had a meal of sushi where I was full at the end. I did splash out on the fondant for dessert, which was also good. I will suggest that I have had better sushi elsewhere (not in Riga), though for twice the price. The restaurant was a little cramped and my table unstable, and I wasn't much for the TV going the whole time. One waiter spoke good English, and was quite helpful. The selection was very good. In sum, I think it is the best value for sushi of anywhere I have been.

• Visited November 2013
Neerpelt, Belgium
“Nice”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

The menu of this place is the size of a phonebook, don't let that scare you though. The number of different sushis available is impressive, they looked good. Didn't taste them myself unfortunately.
The restaurant is full of local people, always a good sign.
Had the tuna tataki, very good, and the duck, expected crispy skin, was disappointed. Tasted very good though.
Marzipan sushi for dessert was excellent.
Beer should have been colder.
Tea selection was very good.
I'm not a big fan of television's in a restaurant, so a low rating for atmosphere since there were two large flatscreens either side of the place.

• Visited August 2013
Riga
“Big Pieces Of Sushi With Very Little Fish Inside”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

The name of this place, celebrating the Japanese mafia should have been my first clue to avoid it, but I ignored my inner voice and gave it a try anyway. What a mistake.

The sushi was terrible. Large portions of rice, and tiny, tiny, little pieces of fish with tons of cucumber as filler. Not worth the time or money unless you care about neither of them.

Both my companion and I had the feeling that the place was run without any care for the quality of the food, and only existed as a money making venture for the owner. It felt like he could be selling sushi or door knobs - it didn't matter as long as it made him money,

Also, they seem to have some sort of alliance with one of the more unreliable taxi firms in town as we were given a discount card with our bill. As locals this didn't speak well to us about their business ethics.

On the plus side the service was good, and the waiter was very pleasant,

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Janis_Lapsa
Riga, Latvia
“innovative sushi...”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

To be fair, Yakuza is not only sushi, but since i'm a sushi lover i haven't really tried much else even though I've been to Yakuza several times. I did however tried the asian auksta (local beet root soup) but this was not really good so since then i've stayed with sushi.

In Yakuza you can find both the traditional sushi as well as some kind of fusion version sush as caesar maki (maki's with chicken and parmesan), makis with grilled vegetables etc. Even though its nice and interesting to try i think most try them once and then stick to the traditional ones :)

Food wise Yakuza serves good quality without any long waiting times. Down side is that wine choice are somewhat limited (yes, maybe not the most important part, but still). Service is quick and friendly. During summer time there is a very nice terrace but downside is the heave traffic and that its literally impossible to get a table here if you don't reserve before.

• Visited June 2013