“Wow I love this place”

Ranked #33 of 109 Hotels in Riga
Great Neck, New York
“Wow I love this place”
Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

I read reviews and this one came up as one of the best and it really is lovely. Rooms are new clean and modern. I am a single female 60 years old so I took the cheapest room with no view but I love it. The price was excellent. About 80 usd for the single. Cute fridge in room and a kettle but bring or buy your own tea and coffee which I do anyway because there is always a mini bar charge.
The included breakfast is the most varied I have ever seen. Delicious coffee. Eggs meats cheeses fruits fish veggies fruits muslie and desserts . I am so full it will last me till dinner.
The area is beautiful with a pretty park across the street if you are a runner. Near everything in the old town including a large rimi supermarket that takes credit cards.
Idont know what the other hotels here are like but I am a world traveller and I love this one.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank mariafromlongisland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Catalunya
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I had a booking of this hotel one month in advance (perfect location, and better price). The surprise was that I had not room: a nice girl with beautiful smile explain me about some "electrical breakdown" of the doors.. (?, I suspect was probably some overbooking...). She compensate this important inconvenient with a wine bottle, and a taxi to relax in the close Radisson hotel. Next day we had our room in the Astor Riga, because we waited also a car rented before through a recepcionist. The girl also obtained for us two tickets in the Riga Opera (excellent ballet in the evening, after a tipical hot chocolate in the centric Magic bar). Room had adjusted size, but everything inside. One thing to improve is the breakfast, in a open cold area. Sure, Astor is one of the best options to enjoy the modernist Riga

Room Tip: Looking the street...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank llampec
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Didn't know what to expect going to ex-Soviet Latvia, but was pleasantly surprised by Riga and by the Astor Riga, just on the north eastern edge of the Old Town.
In short, its quiet, spotless, very modern and well run. My room was good, even though I went for their economy room. It's just been built, so everything is shiny and works perfectly. I was expecting archaic, but what I got was up to the minute, including the wand-style 'mouse' for the tv/computer.
I only had breakfast, but that was good. The bar is bright and well stocked and ideal for catching up with how the Latvian national Ice Hockey Team are doing.
All in all 5 stars - and well earned.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank nickthompson001
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

It's the second time I have visited this hotel in the past 2 months, I'm traveling mainly for business and this hotel location make my stays in Riga so much easier! It's close to the business center and it's also right on the entrance to the old town of riga which make it easier for me to go out and grab a drink at nights. At my second time I was upgrade to a bigger room like on last time the room was clean and the bed was really comparable. I also had some meetings at the hotel lobby, it was very convenient.

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank Golf-Stream
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I Spent a weekend in Riga, this hotel Is in the best location i could ask for. The staff was super friendly and the room was new and clean. I would defently come back again. in general Riga is a very nice place to visit at this time id the year.

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank JohnBirion
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 20 April 2013

We have stayed at a family trip to Riga in this Amazing hotel.
We got recommendation from local People about this new "hidden" gem in the Old city and we try it.
It a very modern and nice brand New Hotel that got all 5* amenities....although marked and priced as 4 *...great Bargin!
Rooms are Nice, very clean with amazing features such as: 3D TV, inside TV internet, smart phone etc
Bathroom has Long romantic Jacuzzi for 2 people at least and good bath product.
The Bed is large, wide and extremely comfort.
In fact I had at the hotel one from the best night's sleep in any other hotel.
Big, fluffy and so comfortable Cushions and very luxurious bed sheets ( similar to top 5* I stayed in)
The staff are very friendly and wiling to assist at any time.
Breakfast is superb, large selection, very nice buffet and if you need additional things you are always welcome.
We did try the Hotel restaurant at Dinner and also find it very good – fantastic international dishes, top style arrangement and very good food – so I must recommend to dine there as well.
The Location of this Hotel is Brilliant – in the MIDDLE of the OLD Town! Right close to many restaurant and bars, the river is just across the street with the park which is lovely in spring time.
Old City as always is lovely, unique and great place to spend few evening.
All in All This hotel is simply on from the best we stayed in.
Perfect value for money!!!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a business/comfort room - its worth every penny.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family