“More then expected”

Ranked #27 of 109 Hotels in Riga
Vejle, Denmark
“More then expected”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Staying regularly in Riga, this was my first stay at Astor Riga Hotel, and definitely not my last.
I guess the this so far has been the Hotel in Riga where I got the best value for my money.
Rooms are not to big, but recently refurbished in a modern style, and beds are comfortable.
Breakfast i certainly upper standard for Riga

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mortennielsen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Good for business or tourism. Located in the old town. Rooms comfortable and practical (sockets for phone and computer). Comfortable bed with good reading lights. Free wifi everywhere with no password. Good breakfast. Friendly service from young and efficient staff at reception, bar and restaurant. Rooms at the back are quieter, but no view. At the front, you face the park, but there's a tramline. Pleasant park at the front. Old town with lots of restaurants at the back. Recommended base for this charming city.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank pbru54
UK
Reviewed 12 February 2014

This is a very nice hotel right in the centre of the Old Town- so everything can be reached on foot. We (mum and grown up daughter) stayed here for 3 nights. The rooms are cosy, there are toileteries and free coffee/tea facilities/kettle in the room. The TV can run the Internet. It is all very modern, clean and comfortable. Very friendly staff. Very little noise from the street and tram in front of the hotel. Breakfast is pleanty (buffet style) with a lot of local influence. I loved the bread! Nice hotel- I can't find any faults- ideal for a city break!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed 4 February 2014

It was our first stay in Riga, we have also stayed in Jurmala. This hotel has perfect location and nice interior.
We had a little misunderstanding at the reception (it seemed like they had no idea we were coming), but the receptionist was polite and correct, we even had a late check out.
The breakfast was in good quality, but we didn´t see any staff during the first 30 min of the breakfast.
We had dinner in hotel´s restaurant and it was the weakness of the hotel: inexperienced waiter and we had to wait for our salads for 35 mins, another 35 mins for the main course. They had only one wine list and it was gone (as the waiter said) and we didn´t see this.
The room we had was amazing- very comfortable beds, nice view from the window, clean and great interior!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Tartu, Estonia
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We only stayed one night but would come back gladly. Had dinner in a adjacent restaurant Acadamy Restaurtant which can be reached through the hotel without stepping outside. The dinner was very nice. Breakfast was served in the hotel and that was nice and tasty too. The business class room (no 208) was a bit small but otherwise very smart and clean. The bed was good, except that it was two beds pushed together. There was a kettle in the room with cups and spoons and everything necessary to make tea (no coffee though). The bathroom was nice and clean. There was a bit noise coming from the street. The room was very warm so we opened the windows. The location was perfect for clubbing and pubbing and taking long walks in the old city.

Room Tip: Next time I would choose a higher floor maybe.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Amazing hotel from every aspect. I really loved it and I hope to come again with the family. Firstly it’s well located in the old town. The Hotel is New, Very clean, The beds were extremely comfortable. The room was bit small – but I was traveling alone – I’m sure they have bigger rooms. Great Breakfast – I truly loved it – everything was fresh and tasty. They even packed me breakfast in a box since I had to leave early. Look no further in Riga. Book this hotel. There is an amazing park with small river in front of the hotel….really nice!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank bmoranit
Cupertino, California
Reviewed 25 December 2013

On my first trip to Riga and Latvia, I was booked by my company into this hotel. The hotel seemed small, though right downtown, and I had no idea what to expect when I went up to my room. Once I opened the door, I was *very* pleased to discover the hotel was brand new, all the amenities were top notch, and everything was spotlessly clean.
In addition, as I discovered over my 3-day stay in Riga, it was walking distance to main attractions, the food was *excellent* (and better than what we discovered at outside restaurants), and the service was perfect.
It is rare these days to stay in a hotel and only have good things to say about it, but Astor Riga deserves the praise.

Room Tip: The quiet rooms face the back, the front rooms look out towards the river and beyond.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business