“Tasty burgers”

Ranked #108 of 1,061 Restaurants in Riga
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Cuisines: Diner, Healthy, Fast food, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: A brief excursion into history From time to time we all may find ourselves craving a burger, a real, juicy burger with crispy delicious bread and good meat; however, there were so many times in my life when I had to refuse it. In Latvia, I could not find a burger that would not make me suffer from nausea or feeling of heaviness in the stomach. Most of my friends agreed with this and thus the idea was born – creating something that I myself will be able to enjoy. This idea came to me at this very parking lot we are now. First, it was the place and then the name. I resolved to use only the freshest ingredients, which will be cooked daily in our kitchen as well as provide the fastest and friendliest service possible and best response I will be able to deliver. Of course, meat, beef to be precise (cattle breeds used are Cheryl, Angus and Highlander), always has been and always will be the most important ingredient. And we will make sure it is cooked properly, i.e. tasting like meat and not chop or piece of dry cloth. After spending over four thousand hours and over two dozen sleepless nights to have everything exactly the way I want it to be (and even losing good friends in the process), I know that I have something that I can actually claim to like myself. – Enjoy your meal! – STREET BURGERS Founder Aleksandrs Vevers. 10 REASONS: 1 - For our beef burgers, we use only LOCAL (LV FARMERS) juiciest pieces of meat that are minced at-place once or twice a day in order to maintain them fresh and full of flavour. 2 - For our chicken burgers, we use only chicken fillet, which helps to make them healthier food with less fat. 3 - All beef burgers are served medium rare. 4 - All of our burgers are grilled over an open fire, which gives them a particular flavour and aroma. The average amount of meat in the burger is 160 grams. 5 - In our recipes, we use only fresh vegetables that are supplied daily. 6 - Bread for the Street Burgers’ burgers is daily baked at a local bakery according to traditional recipes, specifically for Street Burgers (we also have gluten-free bread). 7 - Our potato chips and French fries are natural potatoes fried using 100% vegetable oil just before serving. 8 - Vegetable oil we use for frying is later transferred to be processed for biodiesel. 9 - All our burgers are made immediately after they have been ordered – from a hot grill right to your plate. 10 - Our menu includes over 15 different kinds of burgers, and if YOU want to cook YOUR burger, choose the ingredients and we will take care of the rest.
Reviewed 30 November 2013

They really can make tasty burgers with juicy beef meat. Altough atmosphere was modest it was nice of them to also offer gluten free buns and re-fill coke.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I got taken here on my second day in Riga and was promised a decent Burger. And I got just that, no more, no less. Worth a pop in esp if you're looking to stick to a budget.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Back in Riga after a year and a half, a friend takes us to a Street Burger! I order the regular cheeseburger, well done, "no bloody" as the girl says, and it was delicious.

True to the other reviews, the buns are a mess! I fared better than my dining companions...I cut my sandwich in half first and removed the lettuce and tomato, making it somewhat smaller, which helped. Hubby was not so fortunate....he needed a fork to finish his bacon and egg burger!

Our second visit we brought more friends with us from Warsaw and we observed other diners getting "mini" burgers, or "sliders", not sure if those buns have the crumbling issue or not but SB might take a look at a different bakery.

Just a thought because it seems to be the only complaint, and among the group of acquaintances we were visiting, some had marked it off their list for that reason. Unfortunate because the burgers were great!

Service was wonderful, very friendly at the order counter both visits, spoke great English and eager to help.

Rarity in Europe....free refills!!

Artwork upon entering is very, very odd but hey...I'm old! I still love the place, I'm adaptable!

Reviewed 6 October 2013

For Riga, from what I can tell, this might be the best burger place. The ghetto burger is stacked, but I could of done with out the egg, which if I would of understood things better, I would of gotten it without that. The 1 thing that broke my heart about the place was that on the ads for the place, the bun has a stop light on it. Well that's false advertising, no stop light stamped into the bun, booooo.

1  Thank cjschreiner
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I agree with many of the reviews, the burger itself is nice and tasty and I like it medium, however the bun crumbles into many pieces making it very hard to eat.
They need to sort their buns out!!

1  Thank mattyg31