“Yes, real burgers that pop with flavour” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #149 of 935 Restaurants in Riga
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Bar, Fast food, Grill, Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: A brief excursion into history From time to time we all may find ourselves craving a burger, a real, juicy burger with crispy delicious bread and good meat; however, there were so many times in my life when I had to refuse it. In Latvia, I could not find a burger that would not make me suffer from nausea or feeling of heaviness in the stomach. Most of my friends agreed with this and thus the idea was born – creating something that I myself will be able to enjoy. This idea came to me at this very parking lot we are now. First, it was the place and then the name. I resolved to use only the freshest ingredients, which will be cooked daily in our kitchen as well as provide the fastest and friendliest service possible and best response I will be able to deliver. Of course, meat, beef to be precise (cattle breeds used are Cheryl, Angus and Highlander), always has been and always will be the most important ingredient. And we will make sure it is cooked properly, i.e. tasting like meat and not chop or piece of dry cloth. After spending over four thousand hours and over two dozen sleepless nights to have everything exactly the way I want it to be (and even losing good friends in the process), I know that I have something that I can actually claim to like myself. – Enjoy your meal! – STREET BURGERS Founder Aleksandrs Vevers. 10 REASONS: 1 - For our beef burgers, we use only LOCAL (LV FARMERS) juiciest pieces of meat that are minced at-place once or twice a day in order to maintain them fresh and full of flavour. 2 - For our chicken burgers, we use only chicken fillet, which helps to make them healthier food with less fat. 3 - All beef burgers are served medium rare. 4 - All of our burgers are grilled over an open fire, which gives them a particular flavour and aroma. The average amount of meat in the burger is 160 grams. 5 - In our recipes, we use only fresh vegetables that are supplied daily. 6 - Bread for the Street Burgers’ burgers is daily baked at a local bakery according to traditional recipes, specifically for Street Burgers (we also have gluten-free bread). 7 - Our potato chips and French fries are natural potatoes fried using 100% vegetable oil just before serving. 8 - Vegetable oil we use for frying is later transferred to be processed for biodiesel. 9 - All our burgers are made immediately after they have been ordered – from a hot grill right to your plate. 10 - Our menu includes over 15 different kinds of burgers, and if YOU want to cook YOUR burger, choose the ingredients and we will take care of the rest.
Brisbane, Australia
“Yes, real burgers that pop with flavour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Terrific find - the Gourmet burger is a delight to behold as is the portobello mushroom burger (2 giant portobello mushrooms). Great service, nice bar, excellent atmosphere, reasonable prices and they also serve Illy coffee (very fine) with delicious macarons. Recommended for those who find McDonalds more than a trifle boring. The meat is local and not overcooked.

Visited June 2014

• Finnish first
“This is how it's done”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

The place you do want to have a burger at. One of the best burgers in Riga, not quite cheap though. But you also pay for nice attitude and endless drink refills, which is not too common around Riga.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“nice burgers but nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

We went here for lunch one day as it was down from our hostel and had been recommended on tripadvisor. My partner and i didn't personally understand what the fuss is about. The burgers were nice but nothing to rave about, especially considering for Latvia they weren't that cheap. The chips were my favourite part

Visited May 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Slightly underwhelmed and definitely under-seasoned.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

The transition from street vendor to full scale restaurant is something which is occurring more regularly as the demand for simple food done well is becoming ever greater. People know what they like now; burgers, hot-dogs, hell even the ubiquitous kebab has its everyday connoisseurs in today's society. Street Burgers from my first impressions seems caught in the flux of this transitioning. It doesn't quite know what it wants to be. I was bemused as I waited around 20 minutes at the table, only to explore a little further into the joint and discover a large queue at the bar, much like an upscale Maccie D's or Burger King. I asked the waiter if you had to order at the bar even if you were eating in. He looked at me with something bordering contempt and said "yes, always at bar". Fair enough. I waited at the bar. placed my order of a Ghetto Burger (double patty, bacon, cheese, salad and "street mayo") with a side order of chilli potatoes (covered in chilli mayo, sour creme, cheese and chives). I sat down (again) and waited on my order with a draught beer, although I felt as if I was the only one drinking alcohol as even the adults raced to the counter to get their free soft drink refill. The potatoes arrived first to the table, plentiful thick cut wedges in a large basket, smothered in a suffocating mixture of the sour creme and what can be assumed to be the chilli mayo. Thick flecks of cheddar decorated the wedges as it sat like a mammoth on the table awaiting my burger. The towering, and what must be said, well balanced burger arrived very well presented on my table almost immediately after and I was salivating at the prospect of which to wrestle first. Fearing the wedges would go cold, I dived into them first, trying to get a little bit of all the toppings. In doing so I realized that there wasn't much punch to any of the toppings and the sour creme became very gloopy and detexturized the wedges after a few bites. The cheese pieces didn't melt into the luckwarm mixture and sat there like shards of wood on a culinary bog. The mixture started to get very unappealing and the slightly underdone wedges weren't holding up against the all consuming mess that was put on top of them, the chilli mayo having no real signs of any delicate heat and could have easily been mayo and ketchup mixed with creme fraiche. Being somewhat downhearted by the side order, I turned my attention to the beautiful structure which sat before me. I struggled my mouth around the first bite, with the juices just slightly pouring out of the well cooked patty, the sweetness of the bacon adding a nice touch along with the warm puddingness of the brioche bun. The cheese was not over powering as well melted against the beef and the rocket leaf on top added a welcome cut of pepper throughout the bites. On the whole, I was very impressed. It was a really well balanced burger, not fancy but appropriate and very filling. There was just one glaring problem that became more shadowing by each bite: the patty was not seasoned! or at least not liberally enough, the meat didn't have much chance to shine through the other flavours. It started to be swamped a little and made for a homogenized taste on the latter bites as the beef became less interesting in the dynamics. The price was reasonable, more than a fast food joint but less than a fine dining experience in Riga, which is just about where this burger bar is wanting to place itself, which it does successfully...to an extent.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Riga, Latvia
“Perfect proper Burgers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Place from it's name indicates that'll offer you a burger and it's a good one. Proper tasty, big burger and definitely best in Riga if you looking just for that - nice (fat I'm afraid), bulky, juicy and filling burger. Also potato chips are great specially with cheese and chili. Popular place for late night meals as it's open till late hours.

• Visited March 2014