“Best experience of Riga”
Review of Laivinieks LV

Laivinieks LV
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Enjoy the everyday kayak tours in Riga! Either it's an early morning tour with a breakfast in the park, original day tour or a romantic night tour under the colorful lights of bridges - kayak tour around Old Riga is something to remember. First timers welcome - tour guide will instruct you on everything. We take pictures during the tour for your travel albums! Different kayaks for rent are available all year round.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My friend and I heard about this tour through the city by kayak and thought it would be a really interesting experience. Turned out that this was the best experience we had in Riga! Our guide, Gints, was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the history of the city. He even taught us how to kayak, since my friend and I had not kayaked in a really really long time. We eventually got the hang of it and had a really great time. Definitely recommended for anyone headed over to Riga and for those looking for a unique experience. Oh yes, he took photos too which he sent to us, and they were brilliant!

1  Thank Shane G

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I found out about the kayaking tour in Riga by accident and I was really glad that I had such a wonderful experience! I never kayaked before and was so much afraid that I can do something wrong because I never had practice. But we were thoroughly inspected and then practiced a bit in the area near headquaters. And I managed to do it more or less appropriate)
We were kayaking around river Daugava and city canal and during our trip the guide supplied us with different useful and interesting informatiion about Riga and made photos of us. It was really marvelous to see Riga not from the ground but from water, really unusual. I'll never forget the feeling when you are in the boat and it's the great river around you or when you enter the narrow canal bridge lit with blue lights or not lit at all, like you in a mysterious place.
I knew one can take a kayaking tour somewhere in the nature, in a natiional reserve, but a kayaking tour in the city was something absolutely new for me.
It's 100% worth trying, you'll never forget the experience!)

Reviewed 24 September 2013

My 70 yr old mother and I truly enjoyed our kayaking trip with Laivinieks in Riga. I've kayaked before, but she had not. We both really appreciated the different viewpoint that the kayaking provided. The daily 1700 tour isn't readily advertised, so we were the only two giving us and our guide ample opportunity to individualize the tour. The only downside was that we needed to walk just over 20 minutes from the meeting spot in Old Town to the kayaking headquarters. That wasn't a huge issue for me but could have been problematic for Mom. Loved the pictures that our guide took as well....I had forgotten about that, so it was an unexpected bonus!

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Riga at night is beautiful and full of life, especially when you experience it on a kayak!
The tour was well organized, the kayaks and equipment are new and safe and the guide did a wonderful job describing places and buildings you don't normally see during a regular tour!
It was my first kayaking experience and I was a bit scared, but after little training that helped me understand the basics it turned out to be just an easy work out!
Aside from all the points of interest and historical buildings, you also get you to beavers and other little animals! Lovely! Definitely worth the price! (~$30)
5 starts for Lavinieks!!!

1  Thank Xenia C
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I can recommend Laivinieks to everyone who is interested in a different kind of city tour. Me and my friend had a blast! By the way, we learned kayaking quite good, even we had no experience. Our tour guide always cheered us up, so we had no time to think about the effort.
Thanks for the great time!