“Great experience”

Laivinieks LV
Ranked #7 of 43 Outdoor Activities in Riga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Enjoy the everyday kayak tours in Riga! Either it's an early morning tour with a brekfast in the park, original day tour or a romantic night tour under the colourfull lights of bridges - kayak tour around Old Riga is something to remember. First timers wellcome - tour guide will instruct you on everything. We take pictures during the tour for your travel albums! Different kayaks for rent are available from April - November.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children
Tuk, Overijssel, Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

It was a great possibility to explore Riga in a different way. Specially our trip in the evening where all the lights gave a spectacle performance.

Visited November 2013

Sofia, Bulgaria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A new experience for my mom”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My mom and I went on a citybreak to Riga and aside of the normal touristy stuff of museums, food & drinks and a guided tour, we did the kayaktour. My mom (66y) needed to be convinced, but afterwards she was very happy with the new experience. She has never kayaked before, and for me it was a while ago, so we had some practice first and then went on the tour. We were fortunate enough to see a beaver in the river and we had nice weather and a beautiful view. It was also very practical that a pick-up/drop off is included, so you don't need to worry about how to get around. The guide was kind and encouraging and also telling some facts about the city. It's a good thing to do instead of the more traditional tourist activities.

Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best experience of Riga”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My friend and I heard about this tour through the city by kayak and thought it would be a really interesting experience. Turned out that this was the best experience we had in Riga! Our guide, Gints, was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the history of the city. He even taught us how to kayak, since my friend and I had not kayaked in a really really long time. We eventually got the hang of it and had a really great time. Definitely recommended for anyone headed over to Riga and for those looking for a unique experience. Oh yes, he took photos too which he sent to us, and they were brilliant!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Shane G
Minsk, Belarus
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Riga in night lights”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I found out about the kayaking tour in Riga by accident and I was really glad that I had such a wonderful experience! I never kayaked before and was so much afraid that I can do something wrong because I never had practice. But we were thoroughly inspected and then practiced a bit in the area near headquaters. And I managed to do it more or less appropriate)
We were kayaking around river Daugava and city canal and during our trip the guide supplied us with different useful and interesting informatiion about Riga and made photos of us. It was really marvelous to see Riga not from the ground but from water, really unusual. I'll never forget the feeling when you are in the boat and it's the great river around you or when you enter the narrow canal bridge lit with blue lights or not lit at all, like you in a mysterious place.
I knew one can take a kayaking tour somewhere in the nature, in a natiional reserve, but a kayaking tour in the city was something absolutely new for me.
It's 100% worth trying, you'll never forget the experience!)

Plainfield, Indiana
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Enjoyed this unique view of Riga”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My 70 yr old mother and I truly enjoyed our kayaking trip with Laivinieks in Riga. I've kayaked before, but she had not. We both really appreciated the different viewpoint that the kayaking provided. The daily 1700 tour isn't readily advertised, so we were the only two giving us and our guide ample opportunity to individualize the tour. The only downside was that we needed to walk just over 20 minutes from the meeting spot in Old Town to the kayaking headquarters. That wasn't a huge issue for me but could have been problematic for Mom. Loved the pictures that our guide took as well....I had forgotten about that, so it was an unexpected bonus!