“Beautiful views from sky lounge”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Albert Hotel

Albert Hotel
Ranked #24 of 109 Hotels in Riga
melboutne
“Beautiful views from sky lounge”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Stayed here 2 nights, check in was smooth, room was small 2 single beds , we moved them together to get what we wanted a double, and that was a good idea as it gave us extra room. Room had air con which worked fine. A mini fridge. Desk and chair. Free wifi which also worked well in the room.
Luggage storage in room was a waste as neither the big or the small suitcase fitted in it.
Bathroom was ok with just soap dispensers in shower as well. 2 nd day they did not give us any spare toilet paper so we ran out & had to go get some.
Buffet breakfast was good, although they didn't refill the empty foods & there was still 2 hours left on breakky service. Orange juice was powdered mixed in water. Coffees were machines, so easy enough to just press buttons.
The 11 th floor had a beautiful bar, whith the most amazing views over Riga , you were able to chill & relax with a hot or cold drink & watch the great sunset.
The area was great 5 minute walk to shopping centre which is on same road as hotel, turn left when you walk out of hotel. Casino also up the road. Old town about 10 min walk. Beautiful town, lake, parks, shopping, cafes, restaurant, money exchange. Absolutely loved Riga Latvia.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
AlbertHotel1, Front Office Manager at Albert Hotel, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear foreveritalian,

Thank you for your lovely review of Albert Hotel, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay here,however I am sorry to hear you were not entirely happy with breakfast and housekeeping service, I would like to offer you my apologies. I have passed your comments on to relevant managers to look into the matter.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Albert Hotel in the near future.

Maris Alnis
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2013

This is a modern hotel, with chic decor and many witty references to Albert Einstein.Our eyes were immediately drawn to the "Who tall are you?" activity near the lifts.....where we could compare our heights to those of celebrities!
Rooms were clean, and aircon effective.The space designated for placing a suitcase was not large enough to accommodate either of ours, however.
The breakfast was good, despite the lack of freshly chopped fruit.
The cocktail bar on the roof has excellent views of the city, but charges London prices for drinks!
Just a 25 minute walk to the city centre, this hotel is a good base from which to explore Riga.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Good hotel in a good location - about a 10-minute walk to Riga's old city and just a little farther down to the port area. The bar and restaurant are very reasonable and just outside the hotel doors are plenty of other bars and good restaurants. There is a nice park within a 5-minute walk of the hotel as well. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are reasonable - not large - but quite functional. One strange drawback: very little shelf space for clothes!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Todd W
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Clean hotel with comfortable beds. Room is small, no closet - just rails for hanging clothes, spotlessly clean shower, good breakfast selection although we got bored after 3 days for the same options. Location is ok, not right smack in the city centre. The sky lounge is a must go - beautiful view and a great place to hang out. I can recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I stayed 1 night during July 2013 , for a 3 star hotel it's an amazing hotel the people comments about this hotel was right , it worth a 4 star hotel , I was a bit sad I asked for a bathub and when I entered my room I got a bathroom with a quite big shower , I was there at the 10th floor , I checked the other rooms and saw only bathtub with I feel bigger bathrooms , I directly complained about it ( I asked it in the request when booking..) they gave me directly what I wanted and changed my room. the location is great , not far away from the old city , the bedroom is quite big
I really enjoyed the hotel , it was clean ,

Room Tip: if you want a bathtub don't go to the 10th floor , I feel the bathrooms are bigger in the other...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We recently stayed in a room on the 9th floor for a week. It was amazing! The view was wonderful. The curtains kept the late night sun out so we could sleep. The bed was exceptionally comfortable. The breakfast was wonderful. The bacon is the best I've ever eaten and I loved the grilled tomatoes. There was a wide variety of breakfast dishes. I tried everything. We ate in the restaurant for several dinners. It was always excellent. Our favorites were the mushroom stuffed pork and the salmon. And I almost forgot dessert - you have to try the special albert chocolate cake. We walked to everything from this location. The central market was a bit of a trek but doable. We did old town, the art nouveau buildings, grocery stores, shopping malls, cafes nearby, the post office etc. We never had a problem and the receptionists were extremely helpful and kind. There were alot of people in the building and the staff never complained or lost their patience. The management as well was very friendly. The room was clean and tidy. We would stay there again in an instant.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Our experience ast the Albert Hotel mirrors what has been said previously. The rooms are typical European small but very clean and well maintained. The staff are great - very responsive, with great language skills. The breakfast is generous, given the price of the rooms and the restaurant was also very good with excellent service. Overall, this property offers excellent value for the money. It's an easy walk to Old Riga and is also in what appears to be an up-and-coming area, with a number of good restaurants and easy walk away.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family