“four stars???!!!”
Review of PK Riga Hotel

PK Riga Hotel
Ranked #21 of 110 Hotels in Riga
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I booked a room via their website. Nobody warned me that it is not four star room - I will be generous to give it two stars. the hotel however had no problem to charge me for four stars. It was on the ground floor with a viwe on a wall. It had a Tv set and a hair-drier. if you want to have an electric kettle you have to pay extra 3 euro per day. The furniture was worn out and dirty. Nothing but cheap soap and a strange shampoo in the bath. It was terribly cold inside the bath and room. I couldn't switch the air-conditioning off. It looked completely different in the photos they provide in their website. Cannot recommend it to anyone. Keep away from this place.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ravard_ravard
Elīna G, Front Office Manager at PK Riga Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Dear Ravard_Ravard,
Thank you for your comment in Tripadvisor. All our guest comments are highly valuated. I am sorry for your bad experiance in our hotel.
Due to the fact that our hotel is situated in renovated architecture building, size of classic rooms (17 up to 24 m2) differs a bit.
Free tea and coffee making facilities are available free of charge in higher category rooms and are replenished on a daily basis.
Our staff would be very pleased to help you with switching on bathroom floor heating and towel dryer, as well as turning off air-conditioning. Because of Latvia's inconsistent weather conditions it is very hard to keep the right temperature in the rooms - for some guests it is too cold, while some other guests complain, that it it too hot.
During your next visit we would be glad to arrange better situated room, as well as we would be pleased to offer you free upgrade to higher category room, inclusive of living room area, free soft drinks and beer in the minibar, tea and coffee making facilities, bathrobes, slippers and extra amenities in the bathroom.
Best regards,

Reviewed 31 May 2012

I had to stay in Domina Inn for 3 nights. The first night they moved me to another hotel (the excuse was that the key card of my room did not work?!). The next noon I had to go back to Domina Inn, and had an unpleasant suprise that due to the renovation, I had to walk through (rainy and cold) inner yard to get from the reception to the actual hotel.

The worst experience was however the third night, since it was less than +10C outside and the hotel had no heating. When I called them around 1am and complained (it became really unbearably freezingly cold in the room, even with my jeans and 3 pairs of t-shirts on, while being below two duvets!), they sent somebody upstairs who switched on the bathroom floor heating and the towel dyer, explained that the whole city is without heating ("but I do not really think it's cold here!"), and left without offering any further assistance. When I finally was able to fall asleep, it wasn't any warmer, and I had a semiserious case of a cold.

The hotel offered no apologizes or any compensation.

Summary: avoid at any cost.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Helger L

Dear Crypticz,
Your feedback is importat in doing the necessary improvements in the future.
We are very sorry that we were not able to offer a stay for all nights in our Hotel, as we faced technical problems.
For us it is most important that our Guests stay satisfied with their stay. Therefore Your feedback is very important for us to improve our service.
We did have a renovation to make our bright, wide and comfortable gallery much more attractive. Unfortunately during your stay in our hotel weather was colder than it usually is in May.
As an apology we would be pleased to offer you a special offer for your next stay. Please do contact me directly to elina@dominahotels.lv, if you plan to visit our beatufil city.
We would be very glad to host you next time in our hotel.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

Cold can resume the stay: staff friendness and room temperature.
Run away unless you love getting a cold.
If you ask the reception à solution the warm the room, they say to try to find a switch in the bathroom to get it heated and let the door open !!
Must say that the AC doesn't work, neidher the radiator.
TV size is ok for flies, certainly not for humans.
I forgot: the door of the shower cabin dropped off.

• Stayed: May 2012

Dear DavidSwiss,
Thank you for good marks given to location of Domina Inn Riga hotel, as well as cleanliness. We are very proud that our hotel is located in quiet centre of Riga - in the Art Nouveau and embassies’ neighborhood, within walking distance of the Old Town.
I am sorry to read that you did not get the necessary support from our staff. We do our best to offer good client service every time and we will take this matter up to see ways of improvement.
Air-conditioning is working but as it is a summer time (unfortunately much more colder than it usally is), it is switched to chill the room, not to make it warmer.
Radiators are related to central heating system and have been switched off in all the city at the same time.
I am glad to confirm that in the near future we are planing to change TVs to new ones.
We hope to host you in our hotel next time to show you that Domina Inn Riga can provide a high quality service.

Looking forward for your next visit,

Reviewed 30 May 2012

This is the first hotel I have stayed in that had a printed request from management in the room requesting a good review if the occupant is a Tripadvisor contributor. Sorry, I can't make it good. The room was tiny. While my wife's bag occupied the top of the desk, there was no room for the baggage rack in the room so I had to put it in the bathroom in order to open my suitcase. No tissues or shampoo were provided until my wife vigorously complained to the front desk. The hotel - rooms and public areas - looks old and worn. There is a charge of three euros per night if you want a coffee pot in your room. Location is poor, with few restaurants in the immediate area. This is not a four star hotel and should be avoided unless you wish to stay near the Arte Nouveau architecture area.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Dear Marinite34,
Thank you for your feedback. It is a shame to hear that you were disappointed in your stay at Domina Inn Riga hotel. Your comments will help us to see our weak points. I am glad that during your stay you had a good sleep quality.
Domina Inn Riga hotel is situated in the arhitectural bilding that has been renovated. Due to this fact size of a classic rooms is a little bit different. Tea and coffee making facilities are available free of charge in higher category rooms.
At the moment we are working very hard to maintain public areas, as well as rooms.
Hotel is located in the quiet centre of Riga - in the Art Nouveau and embassies’ are, within walking distance through the beautiful park to the Old Town. There are few restaurants in the immediate area but these are very good restaurants. For example Italian restaurant „Da Antonio” was acknowledged 2 times as one of the best Latvian restaurants and restaurant „Vincents” has grown to become one of the premier gourmet establishments in Eastern Europe.
Im really sorry that you weren´t satisfied with your stay here and hopefully we can welcome you back and make your stay pleasant!

Reviewed 7 February 2012

As for our family we just enjoyed our stay in the hotel. Everything was good - a clean room, polite and hearty staff, excellent restaurant service. It is possible to clean the room in any time that is convenient for the guests, which was actual for us as we travelled with a small child. Our best gratitude to the restaurant chef and to the charming waitresses. The receptionists were always of a great help when asked about the places of interest and about transport service.

Room Tip: We liked the rooms on the top floor. They are warm and quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Zane J, Front Office Manager at PK Riga Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Dear Reginagorsky.
Thank you for your good comment in tripadviser. We are working to improve our service all the time and are pleased that you estimate our effort. You and your family are always very welcome in our hotel.
Best Regards.

Reviewed 23 December 2011

Hotel is located not far from the centre, you can get to the centre (market square) within 10 minutes walking through a park. Rooms are not so modern, but overall impression is good. Nothing to complaint about regarding room.
What is definitely valuable in the hotel is breakfasts. There is a wide choice of hot and cold meals/snacks. One thing though... There might be more fruits, but I understand that in May it is hard to have a wide choice of them. Comparing to other Riga hotels we were accommodated, breakfast in Domina Inn was the best.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sranda
Zane J, Front Office Manager at PK Riga Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2012

Dear Sranda!

Thank you for your good review and high marks in tripadviser. Good feedbacks from our guests are always highly estimated. In this period we are working to improve our rooms and provide to our guests more advanced product. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you next time.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 12 December 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for three nights in December. I had read mixed reviews of it but can only say what a great hotel it is. It was clean,the rooms were well appointed and the staff were great. It even had a great bar linked to it,although beware it is not part of the hotel so you cannot charge drinks to your room.We stayed on a B/B deal and this was well worth it as the breakfast was superb with great variety.We were tempted to try the attached restaurant but ran out of time. It looked great but I have to say Riga has got some really great restaurants and the meals we had out were fantastic. My only minor moan was I think we were misled on the hotels location. We were led to believe it was close to the Old Town when in fact it was a good 15min walk. Fine in the daytime but not so good at night so budget for a few 5-10 LAT cab rides. This is not a problem as prices are good in Riga for everything,especially drinking and eating out.Book this hotel it makes a great and comfortable base for your visit to a great city.

• Stayed: December 2011
Domina_Manager, Front Office Manager at PK Riga Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2011

Dear Trotty50,

Thank you for your valuable comment and reviews on tripadvisor. We are trying to improve our service all the time and are glad that you are satisfied. We are glad that you were our guest and will be pleased to welcome you again in our hotel in the future.

Best regards,