“Domino inn”

Hestia Hotel Jugend
Ranked #20 of 111 Hotels in Riga
Reviewed 30 September 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Elīna G, Front Office Manager at Hestia Hotel Jugend, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Stayed for one night the room was small but clean bathroom was a bit dated it had an advocado coloured tray from the eighties reasturant and food was good bar/wine shop attatched to hotel was also good

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear jebro77,
Thank you for posting your review.
I am glad to read that room cleanliness, restaurant and meals, as well as Wine bar / shop met your expectations.
As PK Riga Hotel is situated in renovated architecture building, size of classic rooms differs a bit, but I hope that in general you had a very pleasant stay and I would like to welcome you back in near future.

Reviewed 25 August 2012 via mobile

Our tour group stayed here for 3 nights. We personally experienced a malfunctioning fridge which is critical for refrigerated meds and poor w-fi service signal as we must have been on the coverage fringe. On Sat. AM the breakfast area serving area was overwhelmed with too many guests for their limited seating. There was no stopper rod for the bathroom sink and the bedside lights were not positioned for reading. Housekeeping never retrieved the iron and ironing board. Even though it is away from the bedlam of Old Town it isn't quiet. Probably the poorest hotel on our trip!

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear DesertDuke,
Thank you for your comments on PK Riga Hotel.
I am very sorry you didn’t enjoy your recent stay with us. We encourage guests to advise us at the time if there is any aspect of their experience that fails to meet expectations so that we can take action to address it.
I understand that you were not happy about a number of aspects of your stay and I only wish that we had been given the opportunity to make amends.
Hopefully we can welcome you back and make your stay pleasant!

Reviewed 16 August 2012

The Domina Inn is located ouside of Riga's Old Town, but it's an easy walk through parks to get there. Close to the hotel is a small grocery store as well as great little restaurants. The hotel itself has a nice restaurant off the entrance to the hotel, this is where the breakfast buffet is served. Good selection of breakfast items are on the buffet. Some of the rooms in the hotel are hard to find at first as they are located between floors. But the rooms are modern and bathrooms clean. Free internet in the hotel lobby. The hotel staff was great, able to answer questions and give directions. Though there are No Smoking rooms, on one day my room smelled like someone had been smoking in it. The hotel said that it was the ventilation system. Overall, this was a nice hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank John C
Elīna G, Front Office Manager at Hestia Hotel Jugend, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Dear John C,
First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your opinion on Tripadvisior and giving the highest estimate for value, sleep quality, cleanliness and service provided during your stay.
It is really great to read that you find restaurant Da Antonio nice, choice of breakfast selection good, hotel rooms modern, bathrooms clean and staff great.
I am really happy that you enjoyed almost all aspects of your stay with us and we are looking forward to welcome you in our hotel during your next stay.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

I stayed here with a group of friends on a 3-night "leaving do"! The rooms were a good sized with decent bathrooms and furniture. My room looked into a central courtyard overlooking other buildings; a bit dull in the middle of winter but I did not spend much time in the room so no big deal. The breakfast was a decent buffet with plenty of choices. The staff were friendly and the hotel bar was good. I would stay here again if returning to Riga.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Elīna G, Front Office Manager at Hestia Hotel Jugend, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Dear Travelpassion,
Thank you for your comment in Tripadvisor. All our guest comments are highly valuated. I am glad to read that you had good experiance in our hotel.
Thank you for giving highest estimate for service provided during your stay.
It is really great to read that you find our hotel rooms well sized, staff friendly, bar good and that you did like breakfast.
We are looking forward to host you in our hotel next time.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

I stayed here for a short business trip and this hotel was exactly what I needed. It was well located, clean and had a good breakfast. I also like the small bar inside the hotel. I had zero problems and would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Elīna G, Front Office Manager at Hestia Hotel Jugend, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Dear Rather_Nomadic,
Thank you very much for your comment in Tripadvisor.
For us it is most important that our Guests stay satisfied with their stay. We are glad that Domina Inn Riga hotel was exactly what you needed during your business trip. It is really great to read that you find our hotel well located and clean and that you did like breakfast.
We are looking forward to host you in our hotel during your next visit.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

This hotel was in a nice location. Not far from the main city centre, though we took our coach from the hotel, just a little way and then had a walking tour on foot around the beautiful city of Riga.
The hotel seemed smallish. Our bedrooms were through a courtyard to what seemed like an annexe. I was with a coach party of people with Shearings doing a Baltic Cities tour. At our evening dinner i told the waiter i did not eat meat or fish. After a small wait, the chef produced a nice dish of spinach, tomatoes and fried potatoes for me, which was very nicely cooked. After our dinner, my friend and I wanted a drink, but there didn't seem to be a bar area in the hotel, so we sat in a very small part of the dining room which seemed to double as the bar area. However, we felt uncomfortable after a while as the staff were shifting tables and chairs around us, in order to prepare for the following day's breakfast.

My room was adequete but my shower was quite small, I had no shower cream provided but 2 shampoo sachets. Otherwise a nice hotel, with courteous and helpful staff, close enough to enjoy the city of Riga.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank daisy1812
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Dear daisy1812,
First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your opinion about Domina Inn Riga hotel and giving the highest mark for location of our hotel as it is really is easy reachable to all main landmarks of the city.
I am glad to read that you had a nicely cooked spinach, tomatoes and fried potatoes and that it was nicely cooked specially for you.
There is a bar area in our hotel as we do have a wine bar „De Vino” next to reception where guests can have a glass of good wine or prosecco.
I have passed your message to the Manager of restaurant that you felt uncomfortable when waiters started to prepare for the following day`s breakfast.
Im very glad to know that overall you were satisfied with your meal, with our courteous and helpful staff as well as location of hotel.
You are always very welcome back to beautiful city of Riga and I hope that during your next visit you will choose Domina Inn Riga hotel.