“Stag Party Heaven -”
Review of Hotel X-dream

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Riga
Hotel X-dream
Ranked #20 of 144 Speciality Lodging in Riga
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Stag Party Heaven -”
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Following all the bad reviews on trip of Advisor we were worried about the hotel. This was not the case it is an ideal place for stag parties. The room are basic and just for sleeping but what else do you need. The bar is open all day and night and there is a lap dance club on site. That is can be expensive when you have a lot of dances. There hotel provide a 24 help line that will pick you up using there taxi service. See it for yourself .

Room Tip: Room are basic but better than an hostel.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Magicgen

Families
Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2011

Well where do i start, in all the years ive been in the army ive never come across a hell hole like this, fact!! the hotel or should i say hostel was flea ridden, very expensive and the staff at reception where not helpfull at all, they were too buisy doing their makeup to worry about any of our problems, though i must say the few girls that worked in the bar were helpfull, but then again how hard is it to pull a pint. It was like being on exercise in a war zone with all of us ducking and diving away from the dangers that came into our path, will not be returning to this camp in the near future as im sick of the word LATS, im physically and mentally drained, they have rung the last lat from this call sign i promise, roger out 10 4 rubber ducky.

Room Tip: Theres no lighty so no likey!!
1 Thank florence077
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2011

I knew I was in trouble when I ordered a towel and the receptionist told me to hold on as someone else was using it. This hotel was so dirty the Fleas had a disco every night .

I have been on over 50 rugby tours and stayed in some dodgy places but this beat the lot.When I was told we were going on a Stag Trip to Latvia I was well pleased after checking out online with the Latvian tourist board the cost of living.Beer £1.59 a pint, food cheap,tremendous nightlife etc etc.When we arrived it was the complete opposite.

Our hotel looked at every opportunity to charge us extra on everything from armbands,towels and trips into town.Every other word in the Russian language appears to be LAT.

The staff with the exception of 1 or 2 were miserable and confrontational.Even when we were leaving they threatened to call the police despite the fact we had returned all the keys they wanted more LATS for missing keys.

Highlight for me the banter from the boys on the Stag and the Skyline Hotel in Riga.Downside Hamish a bloke on another stag ,Hotel X Dream and the Flea infestation (All our Party were covered in horrendous bites after sleeping on the planks of wood they call beds).

Be careful with the women in the bars as well they charge to talk to you and if you dont pay get some big ex Russian soldiers to give you a shoeing and take you by force to a cashpoint.One of our party had a papercut.

They were lucky Chance was'nt there otherwise there would have been carnage!

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2011

just got back and as my title says "never again" arrived in riga for a 3 night stay and was greeted by a lovley looking and polite bus driver who took us to our hotel which was called" x dream hotel but the name of it should be changed to "A nightmare hotel" when we got to our room on first inspection other than having no window which felt like a cave it looked suffice.first thing we done was take a shower when getting out of the shower i stepped on to a non existant bath matt,as soon as my wet foot hit the tile i came down and nearly snapped by back in half.then grabbed a towel which resembled a rag at best and which wasnt replaced for the four days.the location is a bit out but the girls are great from the hotel as they will drive u to your destination quite cheap and there is a great little irish bar called paddy whelans which serves the best fillet steak and onion rings ive tasted in a long while.i also recommend a trip to the beach and have a drink in the honesty bar.on the last day alot of my party were covered in bites and after a visit to my doctor she diagnosed bed bugs and im not suprised as we didnt see a cleaner all trip.highlight of the trip for me was making the best of it with all my mates and the worst part was having to explain to my wife why i was covered in bites and couldnt stop itching.

Room Tip: make sure you have a window
2 Thank chance80
Cardiff
Reviewed 30 May 2011

We arrived at this hotel full of high expectations and left totally dissapointed and covered in flea bites.Out of the 15 who were on the party all had bites from sleeping in the beds.1 Towel each for 4 days and the rooms were not cleaned in all the time we were there.
Although staying at the hotel we had to wear a paper band at all times and if we took it off or lost it we were charged 5 Lats..The only plus point were the lady mini bus drivers who were polite and made sure we were safe.

I would rather spend a night with Jonathon The Tramp than spend another night in this hotel

I should have realised when I saw the notice in the hotel 'Lose Your Money As Easy as 1-2-3' that we were in for a rocky ride.Just felt totally unsafe wherever we went in Riga and some places were just downright menacing.

• Stayed May 2011
6 Thank Ogmoredegea
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2011

Ok ill start from the beginning and try and make this review as accurate as possible.

I was part of a group of 30 lads that went to this hotel last weekend for 3 nights for my friends stag do.

We flew out of stansted on the early flight with ryanair and arrived in riga at about 10am. We were met by four of the ladies from the hotel and taken straight to the hotel in mini buses. On arriving id say it took at least 30-45 mins to check in but we did have a pretty big group. Our group was separated into two different building which the hotel owns, my experience of the rooms was very good the room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable and shower good with lots of hot water, others in our group did encounter problems though with not having any hot water. The location of the hotel is pretty far from the city centre and old town walking is an option but most of our group were getting cabs or being picked up by the mini bus.

The hotel bar was ok but id say it is only a good place to start and finish the night as the prices for a beer 2 lats (£2.50) and a spirit and mixer 3 lats (£3.75) were the most expensive prices i paid whilst in riga. Bearing in mind when we walked down the road we could get drinks for a faction of the price. Good points about the bar though were that it had full sky sports so if you wanted to watch your favourite sports events you could. The strippers in the bar were mostly really good as well and some of them were real stunners but they were a bit on the expensive side at 20 lats (£25) a dance. None of us used the hotel swimming pool so i cant comment on that. The hotel would also pick you up anywhere in the city for a charge of 12 lats (£15)

We did not book any trips whilst at the hotel but had some planned with the package we booked. On the 2nd night we were booked for free entry to a strip club and free entry to a night club. This where it became slightly laughable. The free entry to the strip club was free entry into the hotel bar which we could enter for free anyway but in fairness the nightclub they took us to was very good. The next night we were booked on a bar crawl we were taken to 3 resturants not bars where normal people/locals were out for dinner so we insisted on being taken to the next bar after being taken to 3 resturants we decided to end the tour early and find places for ourselves. On a side not if you like casinos the Olympic casino in Riga is awesome.

In summary we didn't have a bad weekend at this hotel and it is geared towards stag do's which is great. Some of the service we received was very good but other parts of were not so good, for example our trips also when they pick you up they always drop you off at planned places that are connected with the hotel so the hotel can make extra money. Id say Riga was a good laugh but there are better places you could go for a stag do for the money you will end up spending.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank James0886
Lancashire
Reviewed 17 March 2011

Just returned from Riga on my Stag Trip along with 27 mates. The age range of the Group was from 28yrs up to a 68yr old.
To start with Ryanair flight no problems, got to the airport where 4 Lativian Ladies escourted us in 4 x 8 Seaters to the hotel. Rooms were basic in the 4 and 5 bed rooms and very small, but were clean and your only in there to sleep shower and back out again. We did 3 nights and I have never drank as much in my life. My tip is take some LATS with you, I got .78 to the £. However, I had Sterling and the prices range from .70 to .84 in the various cash booths around the City. The girls would drive us for 12 Lats between 8 of us anywhere and pick us up anywhere. The girls who danced in the hotel bar, and I will be honest I didn't go behind the closed door to sample the close up dancing that the girls do, so I cannot give you a price. We went shooting on the Sat, again we were transported there and back, and as the Man U v Arsenal FACup, game was on we went into town, they dropped us there. The Sunday I went on the Lash from 12pm until 5am, but some went on a free guided tour and Riga has some great sights according to them. My advice Riga never sleeps, if you can trust your mates to look after you then you will have a great time. Try Maximise who will book everything for you, their prices are as follows. Hotel 3nts x B&B (I didn't get up for breakfast BTW), Airport transports, 1st night bar crawl (the girls had to come and find us actually) entrance into night club & Lap dancing bar (safe ones) , shooting package, and includes free entrance into the Xdream Lap Bar cost £113. Bargain.....Last bit of advise. Go there and party like you would anywhere, having said that its not Blackpool, so naked in the street or urinating in the street with get you beated up. Having said that All 28 went out there and all 28 came back with no trouble at all. Dont be a D^*k head and you will have a ball.
Oh and the 68yr wants his 70th there I wonder why Wally ; )

• Stayed March 2011