Monika Centrum Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$203
US$198
Hotels.com
US$98
US$93
US$145
  • Breakfast included
Rixwell Hotel Konventa Seta(Riga)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$49
US$145
US$247
US$88
US$78
bedfinder
  • Breakfast included
Opera Hotel & Spa(Riga)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$130
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Rixwell Old Riga Palace Hotel(Riga)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$61
Dodo Hotel(Riga)(Great Value!)
US$41
US$40
All reviewsart nouveau districtold townnice hoteljunior suitehotel is locatedwalking distanceminute walknice bathroomrooms are largenice staycity centrewould stay againbreakfast was excellentperfect locationreception stafffresh fruitbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 October 2011

We have stayed in this hotel twice, both visits confirmed the hotel offers a good standard of accommodation. Rooms were clean, comfortable and well equipped, with spacious bathrooms. The hotel is around 5 mins from central Riga. Other reviewers who commented on a 20 minute walk must have got lost! Room service was efficient and breakfast was of a high standard. No complaints at all, staff helpful. Would stay here again....

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Nice hotel, good value for money, good breakfast. Large and comfortable room. Free wifi. Negative: dinner at restaurant: good food but poor service, it took more than 1 hour to get served.. and there were just 2 more tables. In that area you can also find Domina Inn Riga hotel, I stayed there last month and when I come back I'd prefer to go to Monika, rooms are more or less the same, but breakfast quality is way better.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2011

After multiple emails to the hotel to find out about the courtesy bus from the airport and getting no reply I rang the hotel who informed me that the bus was not courtesy but 3LVLs or 5EU per person and dropped off outside the hotel. Unfortunately we couldn't find the green bus on arrival at the airport (did use it on the way back and can highly recommend), so got the city bus into the town centre - then had about a 15 minute walk to the Hotel.
On arrival at the hotel we had booked a Junior Suite as previous reviews spoke about drinking on the balcony which I wanted to do for my boyfriends birthday. The room that we were given (506) was one of the most depressing rooms I have ever been in. Although it was large there were just 2 skylights which were dirty and didn't let in much light, the landing outsdide had no light either and I felt very let down. Requested a room change, but was told no other rooms available. On the Saturday asked at reception again and was told that Junior suites didn't have balcony's which contridicted what has previously been said in reviews, so we requested a downgrade to at least get a room with a window in it. Moved rooms to one that was full of light and made a real difference to our stay.
Hotel is in the Embassy district, near flying frog (good food) and the Raddison Blu skyline tower (lovely view and not really too expensive), but note that it is 2LVL to access the skyline after 3pm. Took approximately 15 mins to walk to the top end of town to places like the castle and Pharmacy Bar and I love you bar and a few more to the medievel section of town. All in all pretty good location if you don't mind a bit of a walk at the end of the night. Didn't use the Sauna as it is only free before 11am otherwise it is 7LVL per person which seemed a bit excessive. Only rating this hotel as an average as although we did enjoy our stay in general I felt we were a little bit misled

Room Tip: Avoid the 5th Floor
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Well we ve got a discount voucher for one night in this hotel. We were not expecting anything super big. For some reason we got upgraded to a suite and when we entered the room we were just amazed. It was wonderful, clean, fresh, had a bath, and really comfortable bed which we didnt want to leave. We also had late dinner included in our offer, and it also was really nice. The restaurant is really cozy. The 3-course meal was quite fine, nothing exclusive, but served well and tasted good.

I definitely recommend this place for travelers looking for quiet place where everything is close. It is on this street where are different embassies. The most beautiful park of Riga is just across the road, tram stop and ferry terminal is on walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2011

We had our honeymoon there. Hotel looks nice in a good location. Just small walk to old town.

Our room was Junior Suite with balcony and facing to the street and park. When I was on the balcony drinking champagne with my wife we felt like stars. :)
But the room was really big with big bed and soft red carpet. It was clean and quiet. I suggest it!

Room Tip: Junior Suite with balcony and facing to the park/street
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple