“Nice hotel in the old town”

Rixwell Domus Hotel
Ranked #35 of 109 Hotels in Riga
Oslo, Norway
“Nice hotel in the old town”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

This was a cheap hotel, but with unexpected good standard. The rooms were quiet and clean. Lots of windows for airing out the room which got really hot and humid after a shower. The size of the rooms varied a lot. We were a group of seven people and the rooms varied from a tiny cot to a huge room with an extra couch and we all paid the same.
I would have liked to be able to choose between one queensize bed and to separate ones as we were a group of friends travelling.

The staff was friendly and very helpful. They spoke good english.

Bonus: a bakery across the street and a very nice spa next door.

1 Thank Vib H
Linda_Shtale, Manager at Rixwell Domus Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Dear Vib H.,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us and are delighted that it exceeded your expectations.

We do pride ourselves on the high level of service we provide to our guests and I am pleased that we made your stay comfortable and pleasant. I am pleased to read that you and your friends who were travelling with you enjoyed the upgraded rooms. I am glad that upon arrival we had a chance to offer you higher category rooms than were originally booked.

Thank you for recommending us to other reviewers and we look forward to having you back with us in the near future!

Best Regards,

Linda Stale
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 6 June 2013

really great, no perfect location in the heart of the old town, just 10 minutes of walk from the central bus station. staff are perfect , speack god English and they are very helfull poeple. that was the good qualitys of the hotel now the bad. don't expect to sleep a good long night at this hotel. it is not all the hotel fault. live band play near the hotel because the hotel is in the hot spot of the old town so if you are Young and want to party this can be a good hotel for you. the ather Noisy part was the others guest. Young poeple stay at this hotel and they talk and run and sream really loud until 2 in the morning.....i was tired when i Wake up at 0700 to explore the city. you also have a little breakfest, nothing fancy but it ok. the room was super basic and my bathroom was not even in my room. i have to go out to take my shower and everything. don t worry i think i got the only room without restroom......

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Linda_Shtale, Manager at Rixwell Domus Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Dear David71335,

at first I would like to thank you for your feedback after your recent stay!

Secondly, my team and I are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the service during your stay. We all are looking forward to do our best and to help our guest to make the stay very comfortable.

You are right, hotel is located in the middle of the old town, all tourist attractions are located few steps from hotel. Unfortunately due to very central location in the middle of the old town, there might be people having parties on the street or in the cafes. I would like to apologize for any inconveniences caused by other guests talking loud and running during the night. My team and I will look more careful to ensure good night sleep for our guests.

Regarding to the bathroom outside the room, I would like to note that you booked Tourist class twin room that has a private bathroom outside room at next doors. All other rooms like Standard rooms, Studio rooms, Family rooms and Penthouses have bathroom inside the room, I would like to recommend to book one of these rooms for your next stay if you wish to enjoy the bathroom inside the room.

I hope that despite of the noise during your stay, you have enjoyed your stay with us! We are looking forward to welcome you next time in KOLONNA Hotel Riga!

Best Regards,

Linda Stale
Hotel Manager
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Very good location right in the centre of the old town. Good bakery across the road that sells gigantic pretzels. Walking distance to a large number of sights and some good bars too. Room was fairly basic but clean with very good shower. Staff were friendly and very helpful and spoke excellent English. The only slightly strange thing was 2 single duvets on a double bed. Other than that no complaints.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MNTravels12
Wroclaw, Poland
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Great location in the middle of Old Town in Riga, local restaurant and bakery on the opposite side of the street, little cafe next door and walking distance to all the places in the Old Town you might want to see. Rooms were clean and the place was good to get rest and sleep. The bathroom was a bit small, but clean as well. The breakfast was disappointing, but in general this hotel is recommended for travelers seeking a nice place to stay in the heart of Riga.

Henlow
Reviewed 9 April 2013

This hotel was booked for a short weekend break to celebrate the future marriage of a friend ( stag weekend). There were 11 of us when we arrived on the Friday afternoon a bit early for check in. Some of the rooms were ready and they were happy for us to unpack straight away. The for the chaps whoose rooms were not ready the bags were safely locked away till they were cleaned.The service they gave at the start went over the weekend and they could not have been more helpful. The rooms are fine and you get what you pay for. They are certainly clean and tidy. The location is great. It is in a quiet part of the Old Town minutes walk from wherever you want to be. Breakfast was bit of a muddle but then find most small continental hotels don'tt cope to well with breakfast. For the price I could not ask for anything more.

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 27 March 2013

My ex-husband and I stayed at Kolonna hotel last weekend. We stayed for one night. We got very nice room with two single beds as requested and with amazing view to the Kathedra. The hotel is right in the heart of Riga's Old town. The room and bathroom was very clean, no dust or carpets, but we both felt alergy. Maybe it is because of not natural bedding. It was not very strong, but quite dangerous for sensitive people I think. I had my medicines with me, so everything was ok. I would reccomend this hotel to my friends for sure and would stay there again myself. Personal is very helpful and well-manered. Breakfast was good enough too. Thank you for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple