Riga Islande Hotel
US$101
bedfinder
US$197
  • Breakfast included
Bellevue Park Hotel Riga(Riga)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$89
Europa Royale Riga(Riga)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$88
US$146
US$222
US$193
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Rixwell Old Riga Palace Hotel(Riga)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$100
  • Breakfast included
Rixwell Elefant Hotel(Riga)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$108
US$127
US$123
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsold townacross the bridgefloor restaurantnice hotelriver viewtop floorsauna and jacuzzidaugava riverreception staffspa areahotel locatedvery pleasant stayquiet locationby footclean roomsminutes walkingshopping centre
Reviewed 20 April 2011

Stayed here for 1 night waiting for my flight the next day, great hotel location in terms of being outside the old town but close enough to walk to it within 20minutes. Right next to a shopping mall open until 22:00. Had a single room on 8th floor amazing views of the old town (great for photos) and the breakfast was good quality and a wide selection of hot and cold items. The only downside is having to pay for the internet in your room but its free in the hotel lobby. Also the bar on the top floor is fantastic for a nice drink and views across Riga- Great shuttle service to the airport for only 3LVL/5EUR and very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2011

An average hotel not much better than an Ibis, with restaurant staff who rate amongst some of the worst I have ever seen. Reception staff, by contrast are good.
If you want low frills, it's ok.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2011

I stayed at this hotel in early February. It wasn't by choice but as a result of missing my connecting flight to Stockholm and being put up here by Air Baltic. We got a shuttle bus that ran from the airport and it took 25 mins to get to the hotel. Check in was smooth and I went to my room to freshen up before going to the bar for a drink. The room was basic but clean. The bar has a very interesting layout complete with a large water feature and a little bridge that you can walk over! Then it was time for bed but I couldn't sleep. My room was on the second floor on the right of the lift which meant that the balcony outside looked right down into the bar. I could hear music and noise all night. I finally drifted off about 2am only to be woken at 3.20am by the music downstairs which would fluctuate from quiet to loud and back again. We were provided with a packed breakfast and caught the shuttle bus at 5am to get back to the airport. Staff were always pleasant but very young. It's not somewhere I would stay while on holiday but it served its purpose while stuck in Riga.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 January 2011

I'm surprised with all the very negative opinions about this hotel. We stayed there for couple days for the New Years and have almost only good memories about it. The hotel is next to a shopping mall with a supermarket and some fast-food restaurants. About 20 minutes to the Old City by foot. Room was clean and quite spacious. Breakfast was good and fulfilling, but yes - everyday was the same. I agree with one thing - WIFI should be FREE, at least in the lobby. Even our coach from Kaunas to Riga had free wifi:) And "double bed" was actually two beds joined together. The staff was nice and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rafal_Zet
Reviewed 24 November 2010

I concur with previous reviewers: there is amateur staff at work here, and the internet access sucks.
The reason why I went here: I was dumped here by AirBaltic shortly after midnight because of a missed connection. My complaints:
- although AirBaltic had promised me free internet access, this was not available.
- Although I had ordered a wake-up call for 5am, there was no such thing. I actually had to fight off a cleaning lady who tried to remove the phone from my room (and without the phone, a wake-up call obviously would be hard to pull off). Even though I kept the phone, there was still no call. I had seen the receptionist write down the desired time, so this was not a miscommunication but some other sort of incompetence.
- Luckily, the cleaning lady who had been given the task of removing my phone at least enabled me to enter my room, which was not possible with the key card I had received at the reception.
- The bathroom had a faint rotten moldy smell, probably because the wooden door jamb was eternally wet. The reason for this was that there was no real shower stall. One showers on the floor, thus it's impossible to shower without flooding the entire bathroom.

I have stayed at much nicer hotels in Riga which are probably cheaper at the same time, for instance, the Dodo (nice staff, decent free internet access, location a bit further from the center but near a tram stop). So, if you have a choice, go elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business