- Hotel is located in a very peaceful area, on the island,
- close (50 m) to the mall, opened till 10pm., and to the bus stop (100 m),
- there is a clean city beach 50 m from the hotel,
- one can be transferred to and from the airport with the shuttle bus (5€ or 3LVL per person),
- very comfortable (spacious, tidy, clean an bright) rooms,
- tasty, full breakfast,
- pool, spa and sauna free of charge,
- there's a printer avalaible free of charge,
- spiders! big disgusting creatures,
- internet (nor wifi, nor cable) didn't work most of time,
- "business centre" is a joke - one old, dying pc,
- staff is a nightmare - unfriendly and unhelpful, few times I tried to ask something - they didn't even bother to look.
Aaand here's the story. We booked this hotel mainly because of the advertise: terrace with the best view on the Tall Ship Races (hotel is close to the harbor). Since I work for the media, I was going to take some photos with my fancy camera and pretty big objective. But when we try to use the terrace during the main event (Ships Parade), it was closed! Dialogue with the staff:
- we would like to use the terrace.
- it is closed.
- so? open it!
- no, it is closed.
- you have this information on yout website? we only booked the hotel... (and so on, usual "do it" stuff).
- but it is closed. you can talk with the manager.
- ok, call him.
- he's out.
- use your phone?
- no, he has his day off, you can talk to him tomorrow.
Ok, the Parade was on, and istead of taking groundbreaking photos of the biggest yachts and ships on the Baltic Sea, I was standing at the reception, continuing this comedy conversation. BUT I wasn't going to give it up.
Eventually guy from the security appeared and we had to repeat everything. Then he said with this "just like from Bond movies" russian accent: so, the information is obviously wrong, because the terrace is not open before afternoon. Then! the mirae happened - he just take the key out of his pocket and opened the bloody terrace. Wow, that must have been REAL problem for the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Islande Hotel was opened on March 2006.The hotel is located in Kipsala, in the center of Riga - a 10 minutes walk from the Old Town. For guests’ comfort we offer 205 well equipped rooms for non smokers and smokers, 29 non- allergic rooms and 7 rooms for guests with special needs. All rooms arranged in a modern reserved Scandinavian style. 5 conference rooms, business centre, spa, gym, souvenir shop, closed parking lot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Islande Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Islande Hotel Riga