“Art of flavour”

Cuisines: European, Scandinavian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My friend introduced me to this place last year. Now, every visit to Riga I am happy returning customer. This place never disappointed me. Friendly service, good selection of drinks and spectacular dishes. Great lunch menu. Place is excellent in terms of price performance. Make sure you do pay a visit during your stay in Riga. I never get tired of recommending 3 Knives to all of my friends that are planning to visit Latvia. I hope that place is able to maintain this high level in next years and continue to positively surprise new and old clients.

Raimonds Z, Manager at 3 Knives Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Armands,
Thank you for choosing 3 Knives Restaurant. We are pleasant that you enjoyed our restaurant already few times. We appreciate your good comments shared in TripAdvisor. Looking forward to see you again!
With best regards – restaurant Manager Raimonds Z.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was there one night with some friends, and the restaurant was quite full, fortunately I made a reservation. We started off on a bad foot as the waitress was not the most friendly in the world, hardly a "welcome". It continued when we ordered by having to say we do not have the fish of the day anymore, and we do not have potatoes/chips...... Anyway, we ordered and to our great delight the food was excellent: I can certainly recommend the steak, the best I ate in Riga so far, and I live here already 4 years. Pity that the staff was not more welcoming, but as far as the food is concerned: worth a recommendation.

Dear ikke48,
Thank you for choosing choosing 3 Knives Restaurant!
We also appreciate your comments shared on TripAdvisor!
As manager I would like to apologize that you did not receive proper service to our standards.
Whenever when you are ready to visit us, just let us know and we will be happy to serve you again!
Kind regards, restaurant manager Raimonds Z.

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

This is what the waiter adds to his goodbye. And yes I went back the next evening.
Asking for recomendation, the waiter showed his knowledge and passion for the kitchen. First evening scallops with coliflower couscous followed by a nice entrecote and a dessert based on red beat. Second evening shaved dear leg followed by 30h cooked pork, and white choclate mouse.
All fantastic. A place you shouldn't miss.

Dear es-travler
Thank you for return back on second day! We are really happy that you enjoyed our restaurant. We appreciate your good comments shared in TripAdvisor. Looking forward to see you again!
With best regards – restaurant Manager Raimonds Z.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

The restaurant has a modern and minimalist look, and the food is innovative, perhaps I could say experimental, light and well presented. My main course had some wild mushroom mousse that was excellent!

A place to go and see what has crossed the chef's mind, who apparently is a young promising guy trained in London.

The rest of the staff is very young as well, committed, friendly and efficient. Two customers sitting near us wanted their signature cocktail to end their dinner, and the waiter showed incredible patience listening to the (revolting) list of ingredients and mixing them as requested.

Dear AlessandroT,
Thank you for choosing 3 Knives Restaurant. We are happy that you enjoyed our Chef’s signatures dishes, service and atmosphere in our restaurant. We appreciate your good comments shared in TripAdvisor. Looking forward to see you again.
Best regards – restaurant Manager Raimonds Z.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Too bad Tripadvisor does not have a ""good" rating, because 4* very good is bit on a high side, whereas 3* average the experience clearly wasn't...

I liked the location (outskirts of old town, where you do not feel touristy at all). Sitting outside in a nice weather greatly enhanced the experience. Fish soup was very good, angus beef decent though with this price, I'd suggest to try something else.

But the dessert was bit too ambitious, chocolate with beet cream, caramellized beet and some more raw beet strips. Given the overpowering beet taste (which is not surprising given that the food consisted of beet, beet, beet and chocolate), stay away (funnily if the dish would have used only the beet cream and the caramellized beet, this might have actually been pretty good, but as is it was overkill). If you have to have the dessert, go for the mango-basilic thing, that was pretty decent.

We went as two and it cost about 100 EUR,as large part of this was the angus beef, so for this trip I would say that the price/quality ratio was not there.

Dear saintglass,
Thank you for choosing choosing 3 Knives Restaurant!
We also appreciate your comments shared on TripAdvisor! Looking forward to welcome you again!
Kind regards, restaurant manager Raimonds Z.