“small but an excellent place with glamorous food”
Review of 3 Knives Restaurant - CLOSED

3 Knives Restaurant
Price range: US$9 - US$50
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, Central European, Scandinavian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Riga
“small but an excellent place with glamorous food”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

it is small place, but with great food! they are offer Modern Latvian cuisine and chefs are offering dishes made of local seasonal supply. and yes, they are also offering great business lunch!

Visited July 2014
Raimonds Z, Manager at 3 Knives Restaurant, responded to this review, 12 September 2014
Dear Aigars S,
Thank you for return back on second day! We are really happy that you enjoyed our restaurant. We appreciate your good comments shared in TripAdvisor. Looking forward to see you again!

With best regards – restaurant Manager Raimonds Z.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, average service”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We had a dinner with the clients from Uzbekistan. I have been to this place in spring time and enjoyed every single moment having a dinner. Food was unique and high quality, we were with our friends and quite relaxed, staff have served dishes quite quickly and no problem at all with the attention towards our table, but this was purely because we occupied the only table in the restaurant - we were the only guests. But yesterday the place was rather full until the certain time. We were seated and given the menus, the waiter identified the language and gave us the Russian menu. I speak Latvian, my clients - don't, so they picked the dishes and tried to order - the waiter could not make out a single word, I think in places located in touristic centers like Old Town if you have Russian menu you should have staff speaking the relevant language, or at least understand the simple questions and names of dishes on a menu - not much to ask. The food was great overall, not to mention the fact that we have waited for the main course for about 40 minutes, in the end we were rewarded with its quality and taste, but still.. And the other problem was that by 10pm restaurant ran out of desserts, so there were just one or two left. I love this place and deffo will come back there, but still it has things to improve.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Marina S
Dear Marina S,
Thank you for choosing 3 Knives Restaurant! We appreciate your comments shared on TripAdvisor! We are happy that you visit us already second time!
I would like to apologize that you did not receive proper service. Whenever when you are ready to visit us, just let us know and we will be happy to serve you again!

Kind regards, restaurant manager Raimonds Z.
Riga, Latvia
“So Good That I Kinda Wanna Keep It a Secret”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This place is incredible. Lovely little space with seriously good and knowledgeable staff.
The food is so good - they have mastered meat serving and taste. I also love their duck with excellent rose from Rioja. Scallops with couscous is a must-try.
The summer terrace is small but quite cute.
The only little downside is desert dishes - a bit too light and limited. I'd add something more rich and flavorful.

• Visited August 2014
Dear baycoralore,
We are pleased that you have enjoyed 3 knives restaurant. Thank you for taking your time and sharing great comments and recommending our restaurant. Looking forward to welcome you again!

Kind regards, restaurant manager Raimonds Ziemanis
Tbilisi, Georgia
“Art of flavour”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My friend introduced me to this place last year. Now, every visit to Riga I am happy returning customer. This place never disappointed me. Friendly service, good selection of drinks and spectacular dishes. Great lunch menu. Place is excellent in terms of price performance. Make sure you do pay a visit during your stay in Riga. I never get tired of recommending 3 Knives to all of my friends that are planning to visit Latvia. I hope that place is able to maintain this high level in next years and continue to positively surprise new and old clients.

• Visited April 2014
Raimonds Z, Manager at 3 Knives Restaurant, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Armands,
Thank you for choosing 3 Knives Restaurant. We are pleasant that you enjoyed our restaurant already few times. We appreciate your good comments shared in TripAdvisor. Looking forward to see you again!
With best regards – restaurant Manager Raimonds Z.
Riga, Latvia
“limited choice but excellent food”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was there one night with some friends, and the restaurant was quite full, fortunately I made a reservation. We started off on a bad foot as the waitress was not the most friendly in the world, hardly a "welcome". It continued when we ordered by having to say we do not have the fish of the day anymore, and we do not have potatoes/chips...... Anyway, we ordered and to our great delight the food was excellent: I can certainly recommend the steak, the best I ate in Riga so far, and I live here already 4 years. Pity that the staff was not more welcoming, but as far as the food is concerned: worth a recommendation.

• Visited May 2014
Dear ikke48,
Thank you for choosing choosing 3 Knives Restaurant!
We also appreciate your comments shared on TripAdvisor!
As manager I would like to apologize that you did not receive proper service to our standards.
Kind regards, restaurant manager Raimonds Z.