All reviews the bus old town without windows central market economy room junior suite ideal location storage space hotel is located smoking room yogurt room was clean and comfortable tea and coffee making facilities breakfast was included short stay air conditioning hotel room
Reviewed 10 August 2018

On arrival we found we had been upgraded to the suite - according to the price list this is the most expensive room in the hotel. It is right by the entrance, with lots of noise from people coming and going. It is also right beside the outside terrace - unless you want everyone eating and drinking there to see straight into your room, you need to keep the curtains closed all the time - and the windows, to avoid hearing all the chatter and the loudspeaker music. That meant that the suite was always super-warm, and the air conditioning struggled noisily to keep the temperature to an acceptable level. Don't take this room if you are offered it.

The staff were not very welcoming and friendly. This applies to the reception staff, the kitchen staff and the night security - not a smile from any of them.

The hotel "has parking", but this is at another hotel. That hotel is less than 5 minutes walk (along narrow cobbled streets - difficult with wheeled cases). However, when we arrived, the reception staff gave me a map and said "I don't know how you drive there". She also wrote down the wrong street name for the parking. All in all, it took me an hour to find this "parking" which was in a closed and shuttered garage. I then had to run around trying to get the garage opened. Nightmare.

The breakfast is in a subterranean set of linked rooms. You are almost certain to smash your head. Items of food ran out well before the end of the advertised breakfast time and were not replaced.

Room tip: Avoid the suite at all costs.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

It´s 5:29 am.. i cant sleep cause no air condition inspite of i was in thaught that we booked ic room. (No clear description at website)
It´s 30 degrees of celsia and we have opened window. It is an old double window with space between. You can ´t open it completely because one hinde to another. It´s noisy street (train is nearby) and i am not able to sleep ´cause of light.
Room is 2 m wide. Can you imagine how we get to the bed from the both sides? It´s possible just back to wall.
Hate this “****” hotel...

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2018

I really enjoyed my stay here. The hotel was in a great location, right on the edge of the old town, just across the road from the forum cinema where the airport bus stops. The hotel does amazing food at reasonable prices and food is served in the cellar which was lovely and different. My room had everything I needed, a kettle, a fan,a huge bath and a really comfortable bed. I would definitely recommend and return.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank claireym50
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Location - If you are travelling from the Airport by bus 22, get off at 13 January street, cross the main road via the underpass and you will see a large restaurant called Tapas, Tapas, walk to the left of the restaurant as you face it and the hotel is right in front of you.The best thing about this hotel is its location, its right on the edge of the old town so all the sites are within easy walking distance, but its far enough away from the lively pubs to ensure a good nights sleep.

Appearance - Its meant to be an old rustic hotel so do not expect all mods and cons but on the whole the reception area , breakfast room and our bedroom were kept very clean.

Staff/service - The reception staff were all pleasant kind and helpful and will give out street maps and recommendations with a smile. The same could not be said for the breakfast serving staff, I do accept they have a rough time with unrealistic demands from guests but I never saw any of them smile once.

Food - When you check in you are given a voucher which gives you 10% off dining in the hotel restaurant, but bearing in mind they charge a 10% service charge it just means the tips are taken care of.We did not have any meals in the hotel apart from breakfast and there was always plenty to eat, eg fried and boiled eggs, sausages, croissants, pastries, salad, yogurts, cereals and tea and coffee, so you will not go hungry, but replenishment can take some time so my tip is to get there when it opens.

Rooms- Our room was large and spacious and had a very comfortable bed.It has a safe ( get key from reception ) air con, and TV with only one channel in English ( the news)

Bathrooms - Again a very decent size, our did not have a bidet but a shower over the bath. The shower was very hot and very powerful, shampoo and shower gel are provided as is a hair dryer.

Emails - I did E mail the hotel before we arrived asking for anon smoking room, and they responded within 24 hours and met our request with ease.

Would I stay here again , definitely yes, the location is superb, its easy to get buses to and from the airport, its close to all the attractions and 100's, of bars and restaurants and close to the railway station if anyone fancies travelling further afield.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank andycoldham
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Good price-quality ratio. Location is superb. Room has air conditioning. Bed was super big and cozy. I liked the overall interior of this place and it was very clean. Bathroom in the room had space and quite big shower.

Date of stay: August 2017