All reviews the bus old town without windows central market economy room junior suite ideal location few minutes walk hotel is located nice room smoking room yogurt tea and coffee making facilities breakfast was included short stay air conditioning hotel room
Reviewed 14 October 2018

This small and very pleasant hotel is ideally situated on the edge of Old Riga. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff were very helpful. The breakfast was only adequate but was ok. It was a good place to stay to explore this excellent city

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2018

- At a convenient walking distance from Airport Bus drop (You can buy the airport shuttle ticket from the airport, it is cheaper than buying on the bus).
- Very close to Riga Old town (best part).
- Rooms are average, quite small.
- Better to eat out.
- Taxi is provided for some 17/18 Euros to the airport.

The hotel provided a nice breakfast takeaway (fruits, water, sandwiches, yogurt) because we had an early morning flight.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Located close at the edge of the old town and very close to a bus stop for the bus from the airport. Rooms are small but clean. Breakfast was nice and included hot and cold items. The breakfast rooms are small but we always found a seat. The hotel has umbrellas for guests in case of rain (we found this out one day when it rained and my friend did not have an umbrella). The staff is very helpful and provided directions and suggestions on some places in Riga to see that we had not originally considered.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2018

The hotel is located in the heart of the old town - excellent location to reach on foot railway station, shops, pubs, or any other destination in the old town. Upon the arrival, I was warmly welcomed at the hotel. The interior of the hotel is nicely decorated according to naval theme, with paintings and all sorts of other decor featuring sea- and sailing artifacts.

My room on the ground floor was comfortably large, but there was an ambient noise from the street in the evening (life music in one of the near by pubs) and in the morning (loading/unloading of goods for pubs/shops/the hotel). I believe this noise would be almost unnoticeable for residents of upper floors of the hotel - it was simply a bad luck for me.

While all rooms in the hotel are non-smoking, my room had a that unpleasant distinguishable scent of tobacco embedded in the carpet or furniture - the one which does not come to be from an occasionally smoked cigarette, the one which is persistent and can't be easily removed.

My checking out in the morning was upset by a number of things. First, the breakfast room was too crowded, making it difficult to navigate to and from the tables with food. Second, I could not find fresh juice - what was available looked more like a juice drink with a (low) proportion of juice diluted in water. The biggest blast came from what was labeled as "coffee" - a slightly warm brown drink. This drink labeled "coffee" was available from a large metal-coated thermo tank. No proper coffee machine was available.

I was really disappointed to had have argued about coffee with the staff of the hotel. As my polite but insisting request to serve me with a coffee from a coffee machine at the bar was ignored by the staff, I headed to the manager with the same request. The manager agreed to offer me and my two companions (who also refused to drink that brown liquid) a complementary cup of black coffee, but would require a payment for a cup of cappuccino. After what appeared to me as very unpleasant argument, the manager gave in and offered us two black coffees and one cappuccino free of charge.

I normally tend to write positive feedback to hotels, but this time the staff and the manager acted very unprofessionally, really. Ignoring my request for a coffee at first, and then arguing that the-same-machine-produced-cup-of-coffee-with-or-without-a-milk makes a substantial cost difference for the hotel. What makes me to think the staff could improve a bit, is the fact that I did not see either the hotel staff nor the manager go and check (taste) the coffee after I complained. This makes me conclude that they either were aware of the problem or simply did not care about it. It may have simply been a technology fault or a human error in preparing the coffee - why not check what's the case and simply give the customers coffee which is expected at the 4 star hotel? Why make an unpleasant argument out of nothing?

Room tip: Avoid ground floor - noise from the street is too high to sleep, esp in the mornings
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2018

Nice environment in the hotel, you feel like you are in a different time. Staff is helpful and the beds are good. Rooms are not so big, but they are OK. And the hotel is quite nice for the price you pay.

• Trip type: Travelled on business