“Best place to stay in the center of Riga”
Review of Central Hostel

Central Hostel
Ranked #5 of 150 Speciality Lodging in Riga
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I stay in this hostel once night each time (usually between flights) and every time I can say only the best about it. Each time I choose private double room with private or shared bathroom. Hostel is very clean and service is very friendly. They make you feel like a home :)

Last time we had early flight and they even offered to give breakfast to us earlier than it's suppose to be. And all evening we could go to kitchen and drink tea and coffe for free. Also wireless internet is for free. Just excellent place to stay in Riga!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 October 2011

We booked a private room in the Riga Central hostel, not knowing what really to expect. Cheap rooms, free breakfast, could it be any good? Well, yes it can! Wonderful spacious rooms, fine bathrooms, nice staff and very nice breakfast as well. The free internet is just a nice bonus to this all. We were even able to book a bus tour to Vilnius for one day, thanks for that!

Go here, if you want to go to a good place and save money for the nice city of Riga.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I checked on tripadvisor for an inexpensive and clean (not just cheap) place to stay one night before the departure flight and found the Central Hostel on tripadvisor. It was very easy to book online without a deposit and I checked the hostel out upon arrival in Latvia to make sure it would work out for us. It DID! We told them that we would return in 4 days for a late check-in with a rental car and it was written down. The hostel itself is on the second floor and there is not an elevator. We had a private double room across from the bathrooms, facing the main street, but it was quiet enough for us, we slept very well and the hostel looked like it was renovated recently. It was staffed all night long with very friendly personnel and in the morning there was cereal, milk, bread, jam and juices available, all included in the price. It took us less than 1/2 hour to the airport and to the rental car return. Close enough to the city center also though we were too tired to explore much on our last night and the secured parking was wonderful!!! No worries there either. I would return anytime!!! Thanks a bunch!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2011

My first stay in a hostel. We chose double room with a private bathroom and shower, but still, I had to admit, I had a lot of prejudices about hostels, and deep inside me I was afraid what we would find there. And that what we found was: very cozy place, colorful, with a cute furniture, simple but with a very much style, home atmosphere, friendly staff. People who we met there, opposite to my prejudices, were not only teenagers, but families, couples of all ages... generally all of them smiling, and I am sure it was because of so relaxed and pleasant atmosphere there.
If I would have to choose one word to describe this place, that word would be: very warmth place. In all meanings.
Yes, you can always find some minuses (one evening quite loud talk at the reception desk, or smell of cooking late in the evening that would come to our room, since our room was near the kitchen and reception desk), but, even being quite meticulous, as I usually am, non of those things were important compering with a great warm feeling that a person gets being there. Like at home.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Good little hostel with fantastic friendly staff and lovely rooms. Can be a bit noisy (but hey, it's a hostel) but the price is incredible. A bit of a walk to old town (10 mins) nothing really around the hostel itself, though it is convenient to the train and bus stations. Definitely worth checking out.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Located close to the Bus and Train Station, also many places for cheap and good food. Shopping center with supermarket and cinema near the train station. Excellente staff, the ladies at the front desk give you a lot of information and good attention to guest. 20 minutes walking (on my speed) to old city and it is better to take a taxi at nitgh if you are going late to the hostel.Breakfast to prepare yourself at the kitchen, very simple.Tea and coffe available all day.Wifi in first floor not signal in the second

Room Tip: Stay in the first floor of the hostel to have wifi in room
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Ramon M
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Our room was near the common area and was very noisy. The bell sound is high and can ring every time during the night (read 3 and 6 o'clock). The girl at the reception desk talked at a loud voice well after 11 p.m. that is the time they ask to the guests not to make noise. The room was not very clean. The breakfast is ridiculous. You have to make your tea or coffee and cook and wash your dishes in a tiny kitchen with just one kettle and there are some food like vegetables, bread and jam on a small table in the same little room, where only 4 people can stay without pushing each other. I have stayed in a lot of hostels in different countries and for breakfast there was always a prepared buffet. I could have accepted something like that for a much lower price.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple