Lowest prices for your stay
Mercure
£63
Fully refundable before Sat, 9 Mar
No prepayment needed
£59
Fully refundable before Sat, 9 Mar
ZenHotels.com
£57
All reviews old town nice hotel recommend this hotel the bus convenient location reception staff on foot breakfast was excellent wifi tv jacuzzi
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 September 2016

We stayed at Mercure Centre for 5 days while a short city break in Riga/Jurmala.
We booked via hotels.com since they had a good deal. It's wasn't the cheapest option, since other 4* hotels were cheaper, but we were looking for a hotel brand that we trusted. We were traveling with a 1,5 years old daugther.
Before arrival I asked for a baby bed and for room that would not face the main street.
We got a baby bed, but the staff placed us in a room at the 5th floor that demanded walking up the stairs. This was very strange since they knew we were traveling with the baby. We could have asked for a room change but we were a bit tired after a journey and we wanted to take a rest.
The room was nice and quite big. We had a little balcony. There was everything as described: fridge, coffe/tea maker. We asked for a room with a bathtube and we did get it.
Room has a sound proofed windows, so we didn't hear any noise from street or train station.
We had our breakfasts at the hotel. You have an impression of wide selection of products, but food wasn't good. Cheese was old and dry, ham tha same thing. Scrambled eggs - the worst I've ever had - really.
The only option was fresh made eggs or pancakes and fruits. The worst situation was on Sunday. Bread wasn't fresh and there was not sufficient staff to clean tables.
This something that have to be improved. I have to admit though, that people who work there arevery friendly and nice.
I wish there was a small kid corner or something, for babies to play.
The huge advantage of Mercure is the location. Literally 3 minutes from train station, 5 minutes from shopping mall, 10 minutes from a Central Market Place, 10 minutes from old town and other worth seeing places. There is a grocery store at train station open till 12am, lot of bars and good restaurants.
The sourroundings is not very friendly, but I'm sure soon to be renovated.
Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to visit casino and a bar on a top floor.
I worked out at the fitness center. It is small but well equiped.
The other thing I couldn't understand was - SPA zone. We were allow to visit it between 7-10 am. And only Sauna and hottube. There was no people there at all after these hours - so I don't get it, why they charge for it.
Over all I would stay there again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2016

The hotel is in convenient location, because it is centrally located. To mjority of the tourist attractions and landmarks in Riga You can get by foot. But keep in mind that it is not located in the safest area of the town. Train station is just 2-3 minutes walk from the hotel. So the area is a little dangerous during the night, also it is not very clean outside the territory of the hotel.
Hotel rooms are very nice and convenient. The sound insulation is good, so You can sleep comfortable. But the view from the window could be better. I suggest take higher floors, because i got on the second or the third floor and it was roof of resin in my view (with all of the garbage on it).
What about weakness of the hotel, could say that it was not very clean. Sime kind of dust could be easily found in the room and under the bet. he funny story is that I found 2 Euros under the bed. It is nice to find money, but it surely means that no one was cleaning properly under it.
Breakfast was really good. It was standart, like in brandy hotels, but very tasty.
Personal is fluent in English.
To summerize it was a good stay, but if You would like to get something luxury (I didn't want), I guess there are better choices.

P.S. Haven't used SPA, so maybe it could change my mind.

Room tip: Take higher flour from the street side
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

A very nice hotel in the center of the city. Breakfast was simple, but nice. We got upgraded to deluxe room. Very nice room with free coffee and chocolate.

Receptionist was very friendly and helpful.
The roomrates were cheap compared to the rest of Europe.

Great hotel all in all :)

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Within walking distance from the Bus central station and to the Old town.

I was upgraded to a Privilege room, which one was great.
Very comfortable beds, great service, very nice and polite staff. Fast check in / out.

An great choice staying in Riga !
Definetely I recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank JMPJMP
Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

Positiv :
Great beds
Clean
The rooms we got where all new and fancy
Minibar
Breakfast , good
Staff, very friendly

There is also a Spa in the basement . But I prefer to use the spa treatment outside hotels.

In Elisabeth Strasse no 83 is a great place to eat lunch and also to have a drink in the evening. My second time in Riga. This area is more fore natives.

Negative : Nothing