Lowest prices for your stay
Mercure
£63
Fully refundable before Sat, 9 Mar
No prepayment needed
£59
Fully refundable before Sat, 9 Mar
ZenHotels.com
£57
All reviews old town nice hotel recommend this hotel the bus convenient location reception staff on foot breakfast was excellent wifi tv jacuzzi
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 April 2017

I stayed here for 4 nights. The property is just round the corner from the train station and is an easy walk to the old town. I missed one of the airport shuttle buses when I arrived from my flight so I caught minibus 22 and got off at the Stockmann Centre which is close to the train station. If you have light bags it is an easy walk. Check in was very smooth and the male receptionist asked if I had been to Riga before. When I replied no he produced a map and gave me easy directions to get to the old town and the Victory monument. The room was very pleasing although the view from 403 was pretty average. Room was attractive and bathroom had heated floor. Comfortable bed, very good housekeeping. Breakfast buffet was good but same selction every morning, food was always good and coffee was pretty good too. I used the restaurant once "The Traveller" and had some borsch and pasta with tiger prawn- soup was okay, I've had better borsch in Ukraine but the pasta was delicious. Waitress was very good and service was very quick as the restaurant was very quiet (about 4pm). Never tried the bar or room service. The hotel offers in room wifi through your tv which worked like a dream. Rates were very attractive on the Accor website and the stay was great value. If you want a comfortable hotel at a great price that's handy for the centre of Riga this is an excellent option.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 18 April 2017

Room is large with lot of space and comfortable. Bathroom is big, lot of space to put or hang your clothes. Room is provided with complete necessary accessories. Compared with the rate we got, it is great value of money. Near the bus station as well as old town. All tourist attractions are within walking distance. Good wifi in the room.
One of the thing to be improved may be breakfast to have more variety.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 April 2017

Stayed there a night. Location is very good, easy to find from Bus station, it takes about 5-6 minutes’ walk. There is a big shopping mall next to it, and one of the bus stops to the airport is also nearby.
Staff at reception was very helpful. Hotel is a big one with spa and gym. Room was simple, clean and amenities, tea and coffee were available free in the room. There was also bottle of wine available in the room that you must pay for it.
There was not any disturbing noise during the night, at 3rd floor, so had a good sleep.
One another nice thing is room specific internet. The connection was very good. There is also a wifi for the ground floor only.
Breakfast was intercontinental, rich one. The only thing i would change was the coffee beans from the breakfast. Its taste was not good at all.
I have one recommendation, even though the room, bed and the linens were quite clean, I have seen some hair on the sink in the bathroom. It may be from the cleaning person. So, it would be nice to have a last check after cleaning.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 April 2017

We stayed for three nights in a double room and found this hotel to be everything we wanted. The room was clean and modern with a nice bathroom. The bar was good with various happy hour deals. Breakfast was not the best we've had but it was very nice still. There is a spa but we didn't use this. The hotel is 10-15 mins walk from the old town and everything is very central which was great for us. Would recommend this hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynne K
Reviewed 31 March 2017

Mercure Hotel is pretty close to the center, 10-15 minutes by feet, really clean and comfortable, and offers quite nice services like the gym and the pool! I stayed there for some nights and I had a really nice time. Clients are welcomed in a great way as well

Date of stay: July 2016