Lowest prices for your stay
Mercure
Hans T
Oslo, Norway

Again a good experience

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 2 May 2017
The hotel is quite new, centrally located near to main railway station, not so far from Old Town and other tourist places in Riga. I got a perfect room, bed, bathroom and other amenities were good. Breakfast is good/ok. The hotel also has a nice Spa, this time I hadn't time to use it. I appreciate the lojality programe (Accor).
Trip type: Travelled solo
0.5 miles from Mercure Riga Centre
    £72
0.8 miles from Mercure Riga Centre
View more hotels in Riga
All reviews old town nice hotel recommend this hotel the bus convenient location reception staff on foot breakfast was excellent wifi tv jacuzzi
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

I've stayed in a lot of Accor Hotels and I would have to say that this hotel is average, at best, for a Mercure. It was the most impersonal hotel I have ever stayed in. The rooms were OK but housekeeping could have been better, duvet cover changed after 3 nights but pillowcases unchanged during a four night stay. The bathroom was tired, some silverfish apparent when I moved the bin. Breakfast was OK but in a city where the shops and markets were full of blueberries and strawberries, it was difficult to understand why the only fruit on offer were some not very enticing apples, oranges, bananas and pears. The hotel is near the railway and a busy road. If you don't mind walking, the main attractions are not too far. I would only suggest staying here if you get a good deal online.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Good sized and nicely decorated rooms. However very poor breakfast. Either make it good and charge for it, or don't offer it at all. Rack rate price seems very high. Deals online are a third of the listed price.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Came to Riga and stayed here for three nights. Relatively polite, nice and clean. Situated a bit of a walk from the Old Town. It has all you need for a good night sleep.
Breakfast ok, own breakfastchef :)
I would live here again.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2017

The hotel location is on a busy road junction so the noise from traffic is quite loud at night. However the location is just outside the old town but in easy walking distance to the attractions.
The hotel itself is nice. Clean and good sized rooms with shower...in the cold it would have been nice to have a bath...and the beds were fine.
Breakfast was plentiful and a choice of continental breads and pastries, cheese, meat and cooked breakfasts.
The staff were informative and helpful. Kristāns on the reception was amazing and gave us so many tips and so much information.

Room tip: Rooms at the front are quite noisy
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2017

I stayed here for 4 nights. The property is just round the corner from the train station and is an easy walk to the old town. I missed one of the airport shuttle buses when I arrived from my flight so I caught minibus 22 and got off at the Stockmann Centre which is close to the train station. If you have light bags it is an easy walk. Check in was very smooth and the male receptionist asked if I had been to Riga before. When I replied no he produced a map and gave me easy directions to get to the old town and the Victory monument. The room was very pleasing although the view from 403 was pretty average. Room was attractive and bathroom had heated floor. Comfortable bed, very good housekeeping. Breakfast buffet was good but same selction every morning, food was always good and coffee was pretty good too. I used the restaurant once "The Traveller" and had some borsch and pasta with tiger prawn- soup was okay, I've had better borsch in Ukraine but the pasta was delicious. Waitress was very good and service was very quick as the restaurant was very quiet (about 4pm). Never tried the bar or room service. The hotel offers in room wifi through your tv which worked like a dream. Rates were very attractive on the Accor website and the stay was great value. If you want a comfortable hotel at a great price that's handy for the centre of Riga this is an excellent option.

• Trip type: Travelled solo