“Great value for money and super breakfasts”
Review of Hanza Hotel

Hanza Hotel
Ranked #37 of 112 Hotels in Riga
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Stayed this December with hubby and 2 year old. Lovely hotel with great service and breakfast options. Pretty close for access to the old town too. Would definitely recommend as a budget option. Decent quality too - fab bathroom with uber hot water and powerful shower (great as it was freezing while we were there). Only thing (which is probably very common and my mistake for forgetting to pack) no kettle in room. Definitely more of a uk thing but easily resolved by packing a travel one! Ignore children's activities and pool rating - this should be an na but couldn't work ut he to do this.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Riggers2010

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I took advantage of a hotel offer : to be honest I was a little bit skeptic, but everything went for the best. I stayed in many hotels in Riga but it was the first time for me at Hanza. The package was : single room + breakfast + free use of SPA ( sauna / steam bath ) + one free SPA treatment and even a fresh fruit/vegetable juice : all that for € 55 a day ! The room was rather small but well equipped and with a totally refurbished bathroom. What I was really impressed about has been the great friendliness of the staff. Very efficient then, very kind and even smiling ( which is a rather unusual attitude in the Baltics ). The masseuse at the SPA was very nice and talkative. The weather was not inviting me for a walk so I tried the pub / restaurant in the hotel. I really enjoyed a very tasty dinner. In the same place in the morning is served a good breakfast. I think I'll get back to this hotel next time I am in Riga.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Hanza Hotel fraudulently charged a family member's credit card for a stay when the reservation was changed weeks in advance. They refused to work with the customer to resolve the issue. The customer service was horrible.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank DanCahill01970
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Hanza Hotel fraudulently charged my debit card over $700 on November 24th, 2013, and they have refused to credit my card. The assume that because they are a big hotel chain and I am just a single mom, I will drop this and they will get to keep my money.

They tried to claim that I authorized this use. I did not. I was told by booking.com that I could 'hold' a reservation with my card, while I worked out whether I would need those dates. I reserved the room on the evening of Nov 23rd and cancelled the next afternoon. Not only did they use my card without authorization, they did it after I cancelled the reservation a mere 18 hours after holding the room.

i have written several emails, and they still refuse to do the right thing. This is BAD business practice. I am a frequent traveller and I have never been so poorly treated by a hotel chain.

DO NOT make the mistake of booking with this hotel whose ethics are obviously questionable at best. If they choose to do the right thing and refund my card, I will remove this negative review.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
8  Thank Keri C
Reviewed 9 December 2013

great value hotel , clean rooms , great breakfast selection , arrived early and was able to use luggage room for bags.
good central location , few minutes walk to market , central station and stockmann centre and about ten minutes to old town with plenty to see on the way
would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank damajowi
Reviewed 13 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Travelmeisje
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

really nice hotel. great breakfast nice staff. nice and clean rooms with bathroom heating floor. good localisation near central stationa. i have forgotten one thing from room after check out and giveed me.back the same day.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business