“Very nice restaurant ”

Price range: US$2 - US$28
Cuisines: Latvian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: On the gastronomic map of Riga "Melnie Muki" (Black Monks) is one of the few restaurants, which continues functioning for many years offering classic and relaxing atmosphere an¬d perfect service to its customers. The name Black Monks was given to the restaurant thanks to the old monastery, whose rooms have been serving as a place for social life already for fifteen years. Even though the slightly renewed interior and new accents the main value - the ancient brick walls of Old Riga - remain unchanged. The restaurant is very much in step with the times and offers to the customers the best there is while preserving the image built over many years. The waiters of the restaurant take not long to wait for and offer the menu as soon as the customers have sit down at a table.
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

My mum and I went here during a long weekend in Riga. It’s quite popular but we were lucky to get a table without booking. Good and wine were very nice and the restaurant had a lovely atmosphere. Mid-range prices but worth it.

1  Thank Nadia I

Reviewed 27 November 2017

This restaurant has a cosy ambiance and good food, but a lack of sides (egbpotatoes); over priced wine and water. The night was ruined when i turned the tap in the bathroom from cold to hot - it was scolding and VERY dangerous. The temperature was ridiculous but I was unable to run my hand under the tap for long enough as this was the only bathroom for all customers and a queue was forming.The worst thing about the upsetting situation - aside from the severe pain - was that at no point did any member of staff show any sympathy; nobody said or did anything by way of an apology, which i find utterly appalling.

2  Thank sarah_clarke55
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderfull dinner at Melnie Muki. Fresh and delicious food for a very reasonable price.
Recommended!

1  Thank PixieLouise
Reviewed 28 October 2017

This restaurant was about 3 blocks from our hotel and as we walked by I said to my husband that this restaurant looked as if it was a great place to dine. We decided to try it the next evening. I loved the cozy atmosphere and of course the menu had many wonderful choices. I chose the perch and my husband had the trout. The meals were presented beautifully and were outstanding. I noticed that it was mentioned in my travel book and it was part of restaurant week in Riga.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Very nice place in old city. Food was great with piano music in the background.
If you're looking for nice dinner this is the place!