We've stayed at the Omnia Hotel for one night this week, and as lovers of great architecture expected something inspiring. We paid about 230 Euro/night for a basic room.
The hotel was disappointing in almost every aspect and even though it is above average for czech countryside hotels, the price/performance ratio does not work well.
Some of the bad things:
- the hotel has a paid parking behind the hotel, but there is no access to the hotel from it. You can either climb through a draining pipe (recommended by the reception) or have a 5 minutes walk around several blocks. The draining pipe in the winter is a really bad idea, especially if you have regular city-type shoes.
- the room we stayed in was just small. Staying there was unpleasant, it was just missing the couple feet in every dimension to be pleasant.
- the architecture, altough refreshingly modern, gives a strong preferrence to the design over function. Toilet location just behind the doors, door stop on the floor located just to break your finger off of it, etc. Oh yeah, and, despite having an elevator there are at least two sets of steps you have to cross to get your luggage to the room.
- the spa is not pleasant, crammed sauna for 2 people, steel frame pool with cold water. Moreover, it is free for hotel guests only (!) in the morning.
- the service is not world class. The staff is friendly, but not professional.
Some of the highlights:
- thre restaurant is pretty good, the chef has a higher aspirations than what is common in this area.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your SkiResort Hotel Omnia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Omnia Hotel Janske Lazne