“OK budget plus”
Review of Trasalis

Trasalis
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Trakai
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I joined motorbike trip,organized by travel agency, route Sweden-Poland-Lithuania-Latvia- Estonia-Sweden.

Why we stayed in Tarkai? Restored Trakai Castle, interesting.

The Trasalis hotel is SPA Wellness hotel. I did not use services but the hotel had comfortable room and the staff was very friendly. The receptions organized taxi transfer to Vilnius and that was another and nice experience. The restaurant had good food and proper service.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 August 2012

First and foremost I must confess that I did not book a hotel room for quite some time, preferring cheaper hostels and private rooms. This being said after the experience I made in the Trasalis Hotel I think I will be even more careful and picky in the future.

I booked a double room with single beds (only one left, nr 131) and we checked in quite later after a long road. The receptionist was ok but nothing more. He did not even take the time to show us our room but at least he could understand some Basic English.

First we had to walk dozen of meters in which seemed to be an unending corridor before we could reach our room. It was clean but the location and the insulation was terrible. We were just next to (below) the footbridge from the hotel bloc to the SPA bloc (see photo) so we could hear every passing person first in front of the door, which was not at all cloistered and next in the passage. Besides the people from the footbridge had a direct view in our room. Inside the room there was no free Internet access though they advertise Internet wifi access in every room. If you want to get some access you have to send an SMS to a special number but it works only with Lithuanian SIM cards and of course it would not be free (5LT). So no Internet access at all for us. No phone in the room (to order something). The shower room had only a shower with quite little water pressure. The tablet over the sink was hanging askew (see photos). The tap was working like a shower, water was sprinkling in every direction but the needed one (see photos).

Since it was too late to get something to eat outside we went to the hotel restaurant at around 10pm. On the website the restaurant was said to be open until midnight but after 10.30pm it was impossible to get anything more to eat, the kitchen was said to be closed. The service was terrible. The waitress could not understand a single word English and at first I received a menu only in Lithuanian. As vegetarian I was amazed not to be able to find anything suited except salad and "French fries" (which actually were round balls...). Rarely in my life did I have such an untasty salad without even any possibility to get some oil or vinegar. The only sauce was 1 tea spoon of a sort of pesto over it. By the way it was the same on the next vegetable dish... For any sweet it was too late (kitchen closed already closed before 11pm). After all maybe it was better like that. All in all the restaurant was expensive for something highly untasty.

The next day (after a terrible night, awaken by other guests around 7am) we could "enjoy" the breakfast. First it was difficult to find a place to sit (table sharing). The buffet choice and quality were quite basic / minimal. With all this we did not even have time to try out the Sauna but given the other reviews here I can easily imagine that it was not too bad (open to anyone from outside and not textile free).

After that experience I am sure never in my life I will return there !

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Yogi1Kenobi
Reviewed 15 July 2012

They don"t have access to lake across the road. Nothing to. Terrible service. Find something better. Massage woman don't have idea about proper medical massage. Very basic room. Try hotel in Trakai or Aerodream Resort 15 min to the West.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Stayed there for conference so not much other options. But I was satisfied. I didn't book beforehand but when arrived at midnight all process took only some minutes. Twin room cost 65EUR, incl breakfast.
Location - as mentioned arrived at midnight by car and my guide was my TomTom. So no idea how to get there by bus or how much taxi may cost. It was quite close to Vilnius roadway and seemed to be little bit far from centre.
Room - spacious and basic but I didn't need nothing more.
Facilities - during check in they offered free gym and SPA but as I was at conference I had no time to try them. Free internet was only at lobby. In the rooms there was wifi for charge.
Breakfast/lunch - for me it was plentiful (scrambled eggs, pasta, sousages and pancakes etc). I even couldn't try all they offered.
I also had a lunch in hotel restaurant what was a little disappointment and mainly because they offered chicken fillet with french fries. Young girl who served as at first didn't understand english at all and preferred to speak in russian. But when I asked something in russian she didn't know that (even word "obed" ie lunch was strange to her).

All in all - Trakai seemed to be lovely place with some cozy pubs what I didn't visit because of lack of time. Next time may-be I'd stay there but I have to find out how far it is actually from main sights.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Dante007
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Frankly speaking I was bit suprised how basic 3* hotel room can be. Looks like the owners run out of money before completing the internal construction. In really spacious double room You will find double bed, table, TV, armchair, shelf, towels and one glass for two persons :) thats it. Breakfast was so/so, also very basic and not very tasy (subjective ofcourse)... Waterpark and saunas on Saturday night was very crowded, dirty and full of drunk teenagers (staff wasn't very concerned about that), all in all I couldn't endure even an hour.
Very plesant and helpfull recepcionists it 's the only possitive recollection from Trasalis. For all couples, families, peace and pleasure seekers I would recomend to go to Druskininkai or elswere...

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vygintas
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Went for a conference. Check-in was quick. Room was big, well furnished. Only BBC channel in English on TV. Only reception staff spoke English, and were friendly, other staff very reluctant to do their jobs (restaurant, spa). I guess the idea of the spa area was supposed to be relaxing, but they have not succeed at this very well. Had an ok massage at the spa, but as staff did not speak English was hard to communicate, and our appointments were 30 min delayed with no explanation given. Breakfast was very good with plenty to choose from. The biggest conference room was freezing, everyone had to wear their winter jackets and still felt cold. Im sure the place is better during summer when the nature is beautiful and it is warm enough to walk to the castle, but would not recommend this for visitors during winter.

Room Tip: Double rooms with even numbers (facing the outside of the compound) are half bigger than the rooms w...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We went to Trasalis for a long weekend with my husband (first weekend without kids for the past 6 years :)) And I have no critical comments whatsoever. The room was large and well furbished, cleaned every day, towels replaced daily. The breakfast was a selection of bread, ham, cheese, omelettes, eggs, sausages, cereals, juice, coffee, fruit. We used the waterpark facilities once (2 hrs included in the room price) - a cosy waterpark with three slides, children pool, a pool with waves and jacuzzis, 4 types of saunas. No place to really swim (meaning take laps :)), though, but still enjoyed our time there immensely. The location was ok, although it does take a while if you take a walk to Trakai, but it is doable :)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trakai
Hotel ibis Styles Vilnius
12 mi away
Aerodream
Aerodream
#5 of 8 in Trakai

Been to Trasalis? Share your experiences!