“Very satisfying experience!”
Review of Hotel Jelgava

Hotel Jelgava
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Jelgava
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed for one night during my visit to Jelgava. Room is nice and clean. Beddings are very comfortable. Huge selections of TV channels: Euronews, English Language channels, German channels, etc. Close to shopping center and restaurants. With beautiful riverside view.

Reception is exceptionally friendly. Her name is "Dalia", or something similar, I am bad at pronunciation. I was so amazed that she speaks perfectly fluent American English. I think she's the best reception I've ever met or ever will in Latvia. I would definitely stay there again next time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Hotel Jelgava

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Indeed, enjoyed the stay. We took an apartment suit, so plenty of space and the view to the main street and the river near by.

Perfect location, if visiting Jelgava. The market, churches and many shops + museums are in a walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Edgar v
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel, the best in Jelgava, we booked a honeymoon room, that was really nice. Beautiful bedding,furniture,tea_coffee facilities. Bathtub was huge and nice,batshroom stylish. We felt very comfortable. Hotel was nice and clean,historical feeling,recomending for other guests :)

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Baiba D
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The hotel is really nice. I was staying here for the weekend with some pets, so I can say that the rooms are very comfy and quite big. Also the food is delicious. The price for pets was quite low. The view from the window and the surrounding of the hotel is very beautiful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Stayed for 1 night and choose just married room, because price is the same as for standart, but it has bath with water massage. Very nice decorated room , tea and coffe facilities. Breaksfast was very delicios and staff helpfull. There is nice surroundings with river, bridges and museums. Lovely stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I just needed a place to sleep during a long drive and had a problem finding a hotel. Saw what looked like a decent place - the Hotel Jelgava. I really had a problem getting to it because of the road works and lack of signs to help you.
When I finally found the lobby, I got the feeling of a hotel that been glorious in its day in the 1940's and now was trying to return to it, but with limited resources. The receptionist was helpful and I couldn't believe I could get a single room for 20 Lats! The room was clean but the bathroom really needed a total renovation. Since there didn't seem to be any restaurants nearby I thought I would check the 'mini-bar', This was a small refrigerator under a desk. It was totally empty and very old and worn.
In the morning I just wanted a cup of coffee, but that became a long process in the cafe. I did glance at the breakfast counter and was glad I had not opted for that in my room booking as it was very paltry compared to what I had seen in hotels in Spain,Lithuania & other Latvian cities.
This could be a wonderful hotel with work and a lot of money invested. I hope someone does.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We choose this city, Jelgawa, 50 km away of Riga, an it was worth. The Hotel is well located near the river, in front a church (the tower in front my room window). Gunta in reception, very nice ! - kind person. Room with every necessary: complimentary drinks, frigidaire, TV, wifi...Correct price. Perhaps my mistake was no include the breakfast (no other coffee shop near hotel), but close the hotel, rest. Herzog, we have a good dinner and the best tarte tatin in years. New attractive peatonal bridge aside the hotel. Full of place for free parking aside the building.

Room Tip: I only know my room. Looking the church. It was nice
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank llampec
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jelgava
Rixwell Bauska Hotel
#70 of 110 in Riga
ABC Hotel
ABC Hotel
#72 of 110 in Riga

Been to Hotel Jelgava? Share your experiences!