“comfortable, clean and very nice place”
Review of Hotel Jelgava

Hotel Jelgava
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Jelgava
Antalya, Turkey
“comfortable, clean and very nice place”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Hotel Jelgava was the best I had ever stayed. It has very nice riverside view and I felt very nice nostalgic feelings. The restaurant was very good designed. The meals and breakfast were very delicious..The staffs were very perfect and nice persons.. I hope one day I can visit again Jelgava and stay in Jelgava Hotel. Please maintain your quality always..

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank olcay a

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed for one night during my visit to Jelgava. Room is nice and clean. Beddings are very comfortable. Huge selections of TV channels: Euronews, English Language channels, German channels, etc. Close to shopping center and restaurants. With beautiful riverside view.

Reception is exceptionally friendly. Her name is "Dalia", or something similar, I am bad at pronunciation. I was so amazed that she speaks perfectly fluent American English. I think she's the best reception I've ever met or ever will in Latvia. I would definitely stay there again next time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jang C
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Indeed, enjoyed the stay. We took an apartment suit, so plenty of space and the view to the main street and the river near by.

Perfect location, if visiting Jelgava. The market, churches and many shops + museums are in a walking distance.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Edgar v
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel, the best in Jelgava, we booked a honeymoon room, that was really nice. Beautiful bedding,furniture,tea_coffee facilities. Bathtub was huge and nice,batshroom stylish. We felt very comfortable. Hotel was nice and clean,historical feeling,recomending for other guests :)

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Baiba D
Vilnius, Lithuania
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The hotel is really nice. I was staying here for the weekend with some pets, so I can say that the rooms are very comfy and quite big. Also the food is delicious. The price for pets was quite low. The view from the window and the surrounding of the hotel is very beautiful.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank VilteSabas
Jelgava, Latvia
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Stayed for 1 night and choose just married room, because price is the same as for standart, but it has bath with water massage. Very nice decorated room , tea and coffe facilities. Breaksfast was very delicios and staff helpfull. There is nice surroundings with river, bridges and museums. Lovely stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Natālija V
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I just needed a place to sleep during a long drive and had a problem finding a hotel. Saw what looked like a decent place - the Hotel Jelgava. I really had a problem getting to it because of the road works and lack of signs to help you.
When I finally found the lobby, I got the feeling of a hotel that been glorious in its day in the 1940's and now was trying to return to it, but with limited resources. The receptionist was helpful and I couldn't believe I could get a single room for 20 Lats! The room was clean but the bathroom really needed a total renovation. Since there didn't seem to be any restaurants nearby I thought I would check the 'mini-bar', This was a small refrigerator under a desk. It was totally empty and very old and worn.
In the morning I just wanted a cup of coffee, but that became a long process in the cafe. I did glance at the breakfast counter and was glad I had not opted for that in my room booking as it was very paltry compared to what I had seen in hotels in Spain,Lithuania & other Latvian cities.
This could be a wonderful hotel with work and a lot of money invested. I hope someone does.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jelgava
Radisson Blu Daugava Hotel, Riga
Rixwell Bauska Hotel
Rixwell Bauska Hotel
#1 of 3 in Bauska
Daina Jurmala Beach Hotel & SPA

Been to Hotel Jelgava? Share your experiences!