“the best greek food in Monemvasia”
Review of Kastraki

Kastraki
Ranked #25 of 39 Restaurants in Monemvasia
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed in Monemvasia for ten days and went to this restaurant four times. This is a family restaurant and their mom is an amazing chef! Well, you can easily get a good greek salad or grilled octopus almost everywhere in Greece. But if you want to go beyond seafood, this is the place to go. Our favorite dish was 4 cheeses pie (I would rather call it cheese rolls) and musaka, Other local dishes were also great. No wifi. If you have problems communicating in English, find a boy waiter - he speaks fluent English. Definitely cheaper than other restaurants.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

We had a lovely meal at Kastraki which was recommended to us. The location on the seafront looking across to the Rock and we had fresh sardines and 'little fishes' which were delicious. The wine was very good and the value was excellent.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

I went a couple of weeks ago to this beautiful restaurant and the food was absolutely divine!! I tried the saitia and they were delicious & filling!!! You'll never find beautiful greek food in my hometown!! Felt like a luxury.

1  Thank DazOSmithy
Reviewed 11 February 2013

We wend there a few days before,me and my family,the food was ok ,just!!!and I think it was expensive too

Reviewed 2 September 2012

Among all Monemvasia's restaurants and other "tourist trapping places", Kastraki is a nice place to share a meal. Try to book a table on the beach.... a few tables with a candlelight, facing the old city of Monemvasia.... If you're lucky,you may spot a sea turtle swimming a few meters ar from your table. Very kind service. We chose it because it as recommended by Greek inhabitants and not by a "tourist guide". You can park your car next to the restaurant, and you will relax ou on the beach terrace, escaping the noise and the decibels of the other side of the town. Generous portions, tasty.