“Very handy for centre of tapirs” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residencial Lagoas

Residencial Lagoas
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Tavira
rode heath
“Very handy for centre of tapirs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Sat navy found it....sort of as there are a lot of one way streets. The hotel was claen and basic for a one night stop off to our fortnight holiday. Stairs were a bit stiff for the old war wound but for £30 it is what you expect.like most we found the beds very hard though and creaky when you moved to get comfortable.
The town of tavira was vey nice and worth a visit

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We actually were looking for a cheap room since we had very tight budget. The hoste lagoas was a bit more expensive then hostels in other cities we habve been before. Since it was to late to find another place ton stay we decoded to take tje room in lagoas for 1 night until we find something better. Well we stayed there until we left tavira, since lagoas has very good staff, nice and clean rooms, wonderful location and is directly in city centre. We can recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vadim B
Tralee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed here for a week in late April and am already planning my return. For €20 a night I got a small room, wonderfully comfortable bed, a view over one of the two great roof terraces and a splendid view of the oldest part of town. I loved the distant hourly bong of the church clock and the view of the river from the terrace. Tavira is the most beautiful little town, I hired a bicycle and explored the Ria Formosa National Park at my leisure. My host at Lagoas was very helpful, I came and went as I pleased and I greatly enjoyed eating at Restaurante Bica downstairs, all their dishes are a delight, and very reasonably priced. I saw Phoenician and Templar ruins, visited Museums, swam and had the most relaxing holiday of my life. I recommend a trip to Ilha Deserta from Faro. Residencial Lagoas is now my home from home in Portugal

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Povoa de Varzim, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

I got all that I expected and more from this lovely place in Tavira.
Best location in the center of the city.
Lovely staff. Always helpfull.
The terras is huge, you can put a lot of people toghether there. You can even get a tan if you wish, there's also an interesting bed there.. see my photos.
I stayed 5 days and I slept better than in my own bed.
I let my door unlocked most of the time and there was no problem in doing that.
Tavira is a crowded place during peak summer months, so there will always be a bit of noise, but that's normal during hollidays. It would be weird for me to go to a place where everybody goes to sleep at 10 PM. I guess this depends on ones habits. So no problem for me there.. at night I guess it was quiet enough to rest well.
Also, the restaurant near the hotel has some of the best prices in Tavira... just saying, to save you the trouble of searching for something cheap and good.

Room Tip: Only been there once, can't really say which room is best.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank OviT
Porto, Portugal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

Very good residence, beautiful terraces.
Very nice people
Rooms very clean and good service.
I highly recommend this hotel.You've got the opportunity to save some money. Hostel has two massive terraces - will definitely come back

Room Tip: Choose the residence Lagoas
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Marco S
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012 via mobile

Admittedly the place is a steal for a double bed room at €35 per night but you get what you pay for. Small cramped rooms with beds that could only have been designed by the Inquisition! Wifi access was poor and even with my iPad was only able to ever get a good signal if I went down one flight of steps to the tiny, cramped lobby. Well, that is if you do not mind sharing that tiny space with a member of the owner's family watching TV (loudly)! Broken shower that was reported immediately was still not fixed after a five day stay despite repeated requests to do so. Towels were not changed too often and those that were put back (ostensibly washed and cleaned) still looked a little grubby! This establishment is definitely more backpacker's terrain! Definitely going back to Tavira but NOT to this hotel!

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Titus G
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

We stayed here for two nights, and both nights we did not get the sleep we needed. The bed felt like it was made from stone. Besides that, the small alley our roomwindow was on, contained a terras of the restaurant below and was noisy untill 2 o clock.

Pro's: Nice location
Good price
Very Nice roof terras
Frendly owners
WiFi in the room, free

Cons: The bed!!
The noise from the restaurant
Small room