“Centrally located and nice place”
Review of Residencial Lagoas

and 1 more site!
Residencial Lagoas
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Tavira
Richmond, United Kingdom
“Centrally located and nice place”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The place is really well located, within of walking distance to the river, down town, the dock (to catch the ferry to Ilha de Tavira), lots of restaurants, pubs and cafés. If you eat in the café downstairs (Bica) you'll get a decent meal for a decent price.
My room was small (travelled solo) but confortable, included a fan (really useful in June) and had a view to the terrace.
Expect a little bit of noise at night because of the restaurants nearby, and also there's a long stair just to get to the reception (in case you travel with lots of luggage).
Hosts are nice and the hotel provides a fridge for customer use, so you can get your groceries and put them there withou problem.
Downsides: wifi, you have to be very close to the reception to get a decent signal. Squeaky beds and kind of hard for my taste.

Room Tip: I stayed at 201 and it was a really small but comfortable room, with shared bathroom right across th...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Centrally located and easy to find. My small room was functional and clean. Hosts are friendly. Due to the surrounding restaurants at night noise pollution must be expected.

It was mentioned several times that wifi connection barely works in the rooms. Insofar one could be prepared. In the receiving area are chairs and sofa, so you can use internet there. Anyway that should be improved in future.

The roof terrace is on two levels and has a nice outlook. Incidentally the hosts have two cute cats.

Payment only in cash!

I (facebook.com/groovyplanet) can recommend this accommodation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank GroovyPlanet
rode heath
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Sat navy found it....sort of as there are a lot of one way streets. The hotel was claen and basic for a one night stop off to our fortnight holiday. Stairs were a bit stiff for the old war wound but for £30 it is what you expect.like most we found the beds very hard though and creaky when you moved to get comfortable.
The town of tavira was vey nice and worth a visit

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We actually were looking for a cheap room since we had very tight budget. The hoste lagoas was a bit more expensive then hostels in other cities we habve been before. Since it was to late to find another place ton stay we decoded to take tje room in lagoas for 1 night until we find something better. Well we stayed there until we left tavira, since lagoas has very good staff, nice and clean rooms, wonderful location and is directly in city centre. We can recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vadim B
Tralee
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed here for a week in late April and am already planning my return. For €20 a night I got a small room, wonderfully comfortable bed, a view over one of the two great roof terraces and a splendid view of the oldest part of town. I loved the distant hourly bong of the church clock and the view of the river from the terrace. Tavira is the most beautiful little town, I hired a bicycle and explored the Ria Formosa National Park at my leisure. My host at Lagoas was very helpful, I came and went as I pleased and I greatly enjoyed eating at Restaurante Bica downstairs, all their dishes are a delight, and very reasonably priced. I saw Phoenician and Templar ruins, visited Museums, swam and had the most relaxing holiday of my life. I recommend a trip to Ilha Deserta from Faro. Residencial Lagoas is now my home from home in Portugal

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Povoa de Varzim, Portugal
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I got all that I expected and more from this lovely place in Tavira.
Best location in the center of the city.
Lovely staff. Always helpfull.
The terras is huge, you can put a lot of people toghether there. You can even get a tan if you wish, there's also an interesting bed there.. see my photos.
I stayed 5 days and I slept better than in my own bed.
I let my door unlocked most of the time and there was no problem in doing that.
Tavira is a crowded place during peak summer months, so there will always be a bit of noise, but that's normal during hollidays. It would be weird for me to go to a place where everybody goes to sleep at 10 PM. I guess this depends on ones habits. So no problem for me there.. at night I guess it was quiet enough to rest well.
Also, the restaurant near the hotel has some of the best prices in Tavira... just saying, to save you the trouble of searching for something cheap and good.

Room Tip: Only been there once, can't really say which room is best.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank OviT
Porto, Portugal
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Very good residence, beautiful terraces.
Very nice people
Rooms very clean and good service.
I highly recommend this hotel.You've got the opportunity to save some money. Hostel has two massive terraces - will definitely come back

Room Tip: Choose the residence Lagoas
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo