Four of us spent this Christmas at this Hotel. When we arrived there was a big illuminated Christmas tree in the foyer, but the staff were quite dowdy in their dark uniforms, although quite polite, and offered WiFi service immediately. However, no Christmas hats, not a piece of tinsel to be seen. I had hoped we might get some piped Christmas music - all the shops in the town were playing carols and songs, but not in this hotel. The room was clean, beds good and it had a small balcony. The bar advertised Christmas entertainment, but all we witnessed was one guy on Christmas day, belting out pop songs to his pre-recorded backing machine. It did not inspire anyone to dance, or indeed stay in the bar for any length of time. On the dining room tables, there was an attempt at a Christmas decoration, with a slot together 5" cardboard Christmas tree cut out. . The food was just awful - the evening Gala Meals on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day had no resemblance to any sort of seasonal food. There was some sort of wok with beef in a sauce bubbling away - labelled Beef Stroganoff, but no-one around to serve the queue that was waiting to be served. One of the offerings for Christmas Day was meatballs in tomato sauce and a lasagne that looked quite unappetizing. The cheese table attracted most people, anxious to eat something nourishing. The waiting staff were quite harassed and were slow in serving drinks, until motivated. On our last day, we decided we would walk into the town and get an evening meal - which was delicious and reinstated our love of Portuguese food. The underground garage charges €7 a day, but is not very secure, open to the outside pavement, and only barriers for security. Did we enjoy our Gala Christmas Break - definitely not this year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the historical city of Tavira between this picturesque old town and Ria Fromosa. Here, guests will discover a good selection of shopping and entertainment venues. The fine sandy of the dune island, Ilha de Tavira, is easily reached by ferry and the hotel bus travels to the airport several times a day. The large, excellent golf courses of Quinta da Ria and Quinta da Cima are only 11 km away. Public transport departs from stops located directly in front of the hotel; Faro airport is approximately 30 km away. Built in 2002, this popular hotel offers a total of 268 rooms spread over 3 floors, of which 22 connecting rooms and 6 junior suites suitable for families. Amongst the facilities you will find a stylish reception area with 24-hour service and lifts, free Wi-Fi Internet connection in public areas, a currency exchange desk, a game room and a Kids Club. The hotel is equipped with wheelchair access ways and an air-conditioning. You may take advantage of a restaurant with non-smoking areas and highchairs for infants, two hotel bars, a gaming room, a garden and outdoor areas such as the playground for kids. For and additional cost you may use the hotel safe, the laundry service or the garage. All the rooms have been tastefully furnished and offer air conditioning, electronic safety door look, direct telephone, LCD TV with Cable and Pay TV, Wi-Fi Connection and safe (for and additional cost), Minibar and 24 hour room service, private bathroom with telephone and hair dryer. There is an outdoor swimming pool with sun loungers and parasols all around and a garden area. The hotel is equipped with a Health Club which is composed with indoor heated pool, a Jacuzzi, a steam room and a gym. There is also the possibility for our guests to have massages and beauty treatments. Guests may select their breakfast, lunch and dinner from a wide buffet. Lunch and dinner may be chosen a la carte. Special dietary requirements, as well as individual-specific menus, may be catered to and it is possible to book a half-board stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vila Gale Tavira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Gale Tavira Hotel Tavira
- Vila Gale Hotel Tavira
- Vila Gale Tavira Portugal - Algarve