Hotel staff = All very friendly.
Rooms = Good size with great air conditioning which was very welcome when it was 38 degrees outside.
Fridge was very handy, in cupboard under tv. We used it all the time for drinks and fruit.
Safe in room does indeed have a hole, you rent the lock from reception which i do not agree with.
The shower does splash onto floor but you just need to put the floor mat down.
The balcony is a wonderful feature.
Restaurant = Breakfast was perfectly adequate. However, i didnt understand why the pancakes were cold. I think it might just be how they do it.
We were not all inclusive, however, we decided to eat two evening meals in the hotel. We found both of these nights to be in top three of our meals.
Pool = Outside pool was very chilly but that was VERY welcome in the heat.
Not enough sun loungers though and people were getting a little tense bout them.
Indoor pool was nice and quiet as children not allowed in.
We had a full body massage which was absolutely incredible. She made us completely relaxed.
The downside was the fact that some days the housekeepers didnt get to the room until 5pm which was annoying if we wanted an afternoon nap.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the historical city of Tavira between this picturesque old town and Ria Fromosa. Here, guests will discover a good selection of shopping and entertainment venues. The fine sandy of the dune island, Ilha de Tavira, is easily reached by ferry and the hotel bus travels to the airport several times a day. The large, excellent golf courses of Quinta da Ria and Quinta da Cima are only 11 km away. Public transport departs from stops located directly in front of the hotel; Faro airport is approximately 30 km away. Built in 2002, this popular hotel offers a total of 268 rooms spread over 3 floors, of which 22 connecting rooms and 6 junior suites suitable for families. Amongst the facilities you will find a stylish reception area with 24-hour service and lifts, free Wi-Fi Internet connection in public areas, a currency exchange desk, a game room and a Kids Club. The hotel is equipped with wheelchair access ways and an air-conditioning. You may take advantage of a restaurant with non-smoking areas and highchairs for infants, two hotel bars, a gaming room, a garden and outdoor areas such as the playground for kids. For and additional cost you may use the hotel safe, the laundry service or the garage. All the rooms have been tastefully furnished and offer air conditioning, electronic safety door look, direct telephone, LCD TV with Cable and Pay TV, Wi-Fi Connection and safe (for and additional cost), Minibar and 24 hour room service, private bathroom with telephone and hair dryer. There is an outdoor swimming pool with sun loungers and parasols all around and a garden area. The hotel is equipped with a Health Club which is composed with indoor heated pool, a Jacuzzi, a steam room and a gym. There is also the possibility for our guests to have massages and beauty treatments. Guests may select their breakfast, lunch and dinner from a wide buffet. Lunch and dinner may be chosen a la carte. Special dietary requirements, as well as individual-specific menus, may be catered to and it is possible to book a half-board stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Vila Gale Tavira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Gale Tavira Hotel Tavira
- Vila Gale Hotel Tavira
- Vila Gale Tavira Portugal - Algarve