We stayed in this hotel for two nights during a holiday in Portugal. Our room was on the ground floor (facing the pool). The facilities of the hotel were only average. The restaurant choice was not great and there was not atmosphere in the hotel was poor. This hotel is okay to use if you are on route to Spain or only need to stay for one night. However, you would get better value by going over the border into Spain or travelling closer to the Algarve area. The hotel charges for underground car parking. Also there was a lot of building going on the opposite side of the hotel and I would not like to have a view of cranes, noise levels, etc. The hotel adverised that they have a inside pool (please note that there is an additional charge for this which I did not mind paying, however, I thought it was a bit much to charge for a baby the same price as an adult!). This hotel is suitable for golfers who will spend most of their time out of hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the historical city of Tavira between this picturesque old town and Ria Fromosa. Here, guests will discover a good selection of shopping and entertainment venues. The fine sandy of the dune island, Ilha de Tavira, is easily reached by ferry and the hotel bus travels to the airport several times a day. The large, excellent golf courses of Quinta da Ria and Quinta da Cima are only 11 km away. Public transport departs from stops located directly in front of the hotel; Faro airport is approximately 30 km away. Built in 2002, this popular hotel offers a total of 268 rooms spread over 3 floors, of which 22 connecting rooms and 6 junior suites suitable for families. Amongst the facilities you will find a stylish reception area with 24-hour service and lifts, free Wi-Fi Internet connection in public areas, a currency exchange desk, a game room and a Kids Club. The hotel is equipped with wheelchair access ways and an air-conditioning. You may take advantage of a restaurant with non-smoking areas and highchairs for infants, two hotel bars, a gaming room, a garden and outdoor areas such as the playground for kids. For and additional cost you may use the hotel safe, the laundry service or the garage. All the rooms have been tastefully furnished and offer air conditioning, electronic safety door look, direct telephone, LCD TV with Cable and Pay TV, Wi-Fi Connection and safe (for and additional cost), Minibar and 24 hour room service, private bathroom with telephone and hair dryer. There is an outdoor swimming pool with sun loungers and parasols all around and a garden area. The hotel is equipped with a Health Club which is composed with indoor heated pool, a Jacuzzi, a steam room and a gym. There is also the possibility for our guests to have massages and beauty treatments. Guests may select their breakfast, lunch and dinner from a wide buffet. Lunch and dinner may be chosen a la carte. Special dietary requirements, as well as individual-specific menus, may be catered to and it is possible to book a half-board stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Ebookers, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Vila Gale Tavira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Gale Tavira Hotel Tavira
- Vila Gale Hotel Tavira
- Vila Gale Tavira Portugal - Algarve