We have just got back from a weeks holiday in Tavira, the town is about 30mins transfer time from Faro airport. The hotel is in a perfect location to the town centre, about a 2 minute walk until you hit the first shops/restaurants etc, also it is very close to the ferry which taxi's you over to Tavira island which is the beach. The hotel is kept very clean and the swimming pool is a very good size. The buffet breakfast is first class and we found that after loading up in the mornings we didn't eat again until the evening. We ate in a differnet restaurant every night, we found the places over the Roman bridge to be the best. A few good bars, Black Anchor Irish Bar, Tavira Lounge, Pink Flamingo. The town is very chilled out and perfect for relaxing, it is not a wild place. This is the place to go for great weather the sky was perfect blue every day and it was really hot.
Tip: buys drinks from the local supermarkets a 2 litre bottle of water is 3.5 euros in the hotel, its 60 cents in a supermarket!
The only negative is that you are charged 2.5 euros a day for a room safe which is a bit steep!
I would definately go back to this hotel but I would love to try the camping on Tavira island as it looks like a great campsite and at 11 euros a night what a bargin!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the historical city of Tavira between this picturesque old town and Ria Fromosa. Here, guests will discover a good selection of shopping and entertainment venues. The fine sandy of the dune island, Ilha de Tavira, is easily reached by ferry and the hotel bus travels to the airport several times a day. The large, excellent golf courses of Quinta da Ria and Quinta da Cima are only 11 km away. Public transport departs from stops located directly in front of the hotel; Faro airport is approximately 30 km away. Built in 2002, this popular hotel offers a total of 268 rooms spread over 3 floors, of which 22 connecting rooms and 6 junior suites suitable for families. Amongst the facilities you will find a stylish reception area with 24-hour service and lifts, free Wi-Fi Internet connection in public areas, a currency exchange desk, a game room and a Kids Club. The hotel is equipped with wheelchair access ways and an air-conditioning. You may take advantage of a restaurant with non-smoking areas and highchairs for infants, two hotel bars, a gaming room, a garden and outdoor areas such as the playground for kids. For and additional cost you may use the hotel safe, the laundry service or the garage. All the rooms have been tastefully furnished and offer air conditioning, electronic safety door look, direct telephone, LCD TV with Cable and Pay TV, Wi-Fi Connection and safe (for and additional cost), Minibar and 24 hour room service, private bathroom with telephone and hair dryer. There is an outdoor swimming pool with sun loungers and parasols all around and a garden area. The hotel is equipped with a Health Club which is composed with indoor heated pool, a Jacuzzi, a steam room and a gym. There is also the possibility for our guests to have massages and beauty treatments. Guests may select their breakfast, lunch and dinner from a wide buffet. Lunch and dinner may be chosen a la carte. Special dietary requirements, as well as individual-specific menus, may be catered to and it is possible to book a half-board stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Vila Gale Tavira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Gale Tavira Hotel Tavira
- Vila Gale Hotel Tavira
- Vila Gale Tavira Portugal - Algarve