Arriving from the hectic north of Europe, it took me 24 hours to chill out and relax to the southern beat; the Tavira Inn is just the place to do so and Tavira's a great town to relax in. Our room was tasteful and comfortable, not opulent but relaxing. If you want coffee makers, face cream and shower caps, a trouser press and your bin emptying daily for you, you've come to the wrong place. If you want to escape all that, you'll be happy.
Host Sebastiao is charming, helpful and fluent in English; I would certainly recommend following his advice on places to eat - we did and therefore found a couple of excellent places that we would almost certainly have missed. There are plenty of nice places to eat in Tavira and the town centre is very picturesque, not overrun with package tourists or lager louts.
(1) free off-road car parking is available next to the entrance;
(2) there's a small fridge in your room where juice, yoghurts, beers etc can be kept cool;
(3) air con is available for a supplement but we found that we didn't need it in early September as the powerful fan was sufficient to keep us cool;
(4) by local standards there are strangely few mosquitos around the Tavira Inn, which is great, but you'd be foolish to sleep with the windows open. We had no problem - though I did get some mozzie/midge bites on the beach and whilst out in the evenings;
(5) the trains are infrequent and go past so quickly that the noise is not a problem;
(6) The free wifi worked well in our room
(7) there's a cafe next door which opens at 9am on 6 days a week, but we walked to the central square every day (7 minutes) for coffee and excellent cakes in the pastellaria.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A delicious place to stay! - Basic needs, reduced in service and price. - 6 En-suit double rooms and a seawater swimming pool. Air conditioning is an option. - Well located by the railway bridge just 3 minutes distance walking to center town. - 5 Minutes distance walking to boat terminal that goes to the beach - Tavira island. Better than this is the guests comments ... 4.5 Points out of 5 along 10 years ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tavira Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tavira Hotel Tavira
- Tavira Inn Portugal - Algarve