“Amazing flavors!”

Ranked #17 of 290 Restaurants in Tavira
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Punjab, Tandoori, Goan, Madras, and Balti, Indian Food. Good for: Families with children, couples, big and small groups, Open for lunch and dinner, walk-ins and reservations accepted, take away also available.
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We were visiting Portugal for the first time and coming from New York we have tasted many, many Indian restaurants but the flavors at Typical Indian Tandoori Restaurant were amazing! If you visit Tavira we should definitely check it out!

2  Thank EnriqueinNYC

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We made a point of visiting this restaurant largely due to the reviews on trip advisor and were expecting something truly special. It was nice, the portions we generous too, but the food pretty normal. I decided to play it safe and opt for my all-time benchmark dish, namely a chicken tikka dhansak. It wasn't what I'm used to, a very nice and spicy tomato based curry sauce but not a lentil in sight.
The odd thing is that if the reviews had been less impressive I would probably have given this place 4 stars, but I was expecting so much more.

1  Thank RayWatts90
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I will not give a 4 star rating due to the price abuse on requests that were not on the menu, I recognise that I should have asked for the price but the overcharge was just too much... Really abusive...

2  Thank Francisco L
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We ate here last week and had eaten here on a previous visit in 2013. The quality of the food is excellent and so similar to what we have available in England!
Great poppadoms, excellent naan, really tasty curry, good variety of dishes and friendly/attentive waiting staff are what makes this place a must visit for any lover of Indian food! Highly recommended!

2  Thank Jaseyjase2013
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband and I ate lunch in this restaurant with our 12 month old baby yesterday and had a really wonderful time. Our waiter couldn't have been more helpful and as this is our first holiday with the baby eating out can sometimes be pretty stressful but the attention and help we received made it a very relaxed experience. Firstly they had baby seats which is something we've found not all restaurants do. We sat outside and enjoyed a great value lunch. My husband had the korma which came with a generous helping of rice and garlic naan and a fresh salad. I had the chicken tikka which was beautifully tender and our baby even enjoyed some-his first tikka! As a mum I have to comment on the cleanliness of their toilets - always a great sign! It was one of the first places I've felt comfortable changing the baby, there may have been no changing table but every surface was spotless. The service was very prompt but not rushed and our lovely waiter was very kind to our son and gave him lots of attention. We would love to visit this restaurant again.

1  Thank Jean100