“Relaxed, refreshed and full with good food and wine”

Cabanas Resort Park
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Tavira
Dublin, Ireland
“Relaxed, refreshed and full with good food and wine”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Myself and my Portuguese boyfriend came back last night after spending 12 nights in this wonderful resort. Location is perfect for those who want to chill by the pool, walk to a lovely small village and buy your own food or munch on great seafood at Pedros or any of the lovely cafes/bars along the main strip/seafront.
It was an ideal time to go just before the schools were let out and an ideal place for relaxing and enjoying the sun. There were no nightclubs/mad bars but plenty of places to get a nice cheap mojito etc.
With regards self catering I recommend going to the town to the market about 3/4 way down the main strip and getting loads of fresh fruit and veg for really cheap and fresh fish also. There's a small supermarket where you can get the basics too, again for quite cheap.
Only things that let the place down and the reason I would give this location only 4/5 is because of the restaurant. Food was not really great quality and the waiting staff were not very helpful and the prices of beer varied depending on who was serving you. They also seemed more preoccupied with serving bigger parites and not the guests.

Room Tip: If you were to request a room I would ask for one off the ground floor and looking for the Ria Fermo...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank snugannon

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Cork.
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I stayed at the Cabanas Park for one week from the 18th May. I was on my own and was anxious before I left. It was just what I needed . Its a great spot if you need peace and calm . The hotel and faciluies are wonderful and I would recomment it to all. I loved the pool, the gym and the turkish bath on the roof top. And I must menson Tanya who i have two of the best facials massages ever with and far less than you'd expect. Wonderful .Tanya ( hope I have got your name right) thank you. I hope to go back there again ( maybe sept)

When I go back I would like to explore more and of course do more shopping in Travira where there is a great shopping centre. So until I get back to Cabanas, Thanks to all the staff that made my stay so enjoyable.

APT 214 18/5/12

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Monica2Cork_
moorends
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We returned home after a week's lovely Sunny holiday at the Cabanas Resort,Travira.The Hotel is beautifully run, well maintained and a very friendly staff with excellent facilities and location.
We had a large room with a lounge and bathroom all of which was seriously very clean.We were
provided with clean towels and the rooms cleaned everyday.Fortunately,at the time of our visit their were no noisy drunken yobs,perhaps because of it's location with few disco's and late bars.
The bed's were comfortable and we had a good night's sleep.I would recommend and visit again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the gardens or pool.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
10 Thank inshot_ltd
Liverpool
Reviewed 1 June 2012

We stayed in early March. The hotels grounds lie next to the Nature reserve but it was to early in the season to see any of the wild birds in the summer months it must be tremendous. There is a little boat belonging to the hotel which will take you down to cabanas waterfront free of charge but is only available in the full season. This apart hotel has everything you need for self catering in your apartment. The rooms are excellent well furnished. The t.v. as claimed does not have english channels at all so if you go with kiddies i suggest you take some dvds and a player with you. There is free wi fi but you have to sit in reception area to use it . There are plenty of facilities for children and a small jacuzzi and sauna which are free for the adults. Cabanas town is quite small to reach it you have a long path to walk before you are out of the hotel grounds. It has a lovely boardwalk when you reach the end there is a a wood if you follow the path there is an old fort which someone has bought and lives in . not a lot to see after that. There is a bus stop right out side the grounds which takes you to Tavira and the bus station and. there is a train station a short walk away . There is a lovely restaurant in the hotel and happy hour is from 7 till 9 they did not object to us coming in at 8.45 and ordering 3 or 4 drinks each i think they were glad of the company it was so quite at that time we were there.We arrive at 10 30 so had to use room service if you spend over 20 euros it is free if not there is a 5 euro charge. but you can go down to the restaraunt and wait for it if you wish. There is no shop or supermarket in the hotel or on the grounds we enjoyed our stay there staff are helpful and friendly and the hotel it'self was excellent.

Room Tip: ask for room over looking the rio formosia park very sunny with lovely views and sunsets.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mariaalgarve
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We have recently returned from a 9 day stay at this apart hotel. I am very pleased to say it is one of the best holiday resorts I have been to. The apartments are spacious, extremely clean and the room we stayed in (316) had sunshine on the balcony from early morning until approx 2.30pm. We over looked the garden from our balcony where there are a number of beautiful birds to watch, (and a family of bats at night, if you like them) The staff were very friendly and helpful and the restaurant is second to none. We ate there 3 times and can honestly say the food is gorgeous, and very reasonable.
There were just a couple of niggles. The room had a terrible smell coming from the fridge, although the fridge was spotless and so we were confused as to where the smell came from. The big wall cupboard over the fridge was bottomless- which could have caused a problem, luckily I only tried putting a loaf of bread in there and not a glass jar, it looks as though that cupboard was put up to house a boiler of some sort, but is empty and has no bottom so beware!! Also the second flush on the toilet didn't work. Having mentioned the smell to the reception, they did offer to move us, however it was too small a problem for us to repack and so we chose not to.
The town of cabanas is very quiet and unspoilt by lucky lucky men etc. It is a very quiet little fishing village and is very relaxing and peaceful.
We would definitely return to both location and hotel.

Room Tip: If you want sun on the balcony choose the rooms over looking the gardens.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kurtjane
glasgow
Reviewed 26 May 2012

These apartments are located in the small fishing village of Cabanas near Tavira. They are situated a bit away from the beaten track,about 10 minutes walk from the main restaurants. The apartments are clean, well equipped with convection microwave, two rings and a fridge- plenty of crockery and pots. The pool is large and there are a couple of smaller pools for kids. I was pleased to see the water being tested a couple of times a day by the pool man. In addition,a bouncy castle - no charge was beside the pool area. There is a small gym, jacuzzi and sauna with a roof terrace for sunbathing. The hotel restaurant is basic but ok if you can't be bothered cooking or walking to one of the restaurants. I am glad we were not on half board. It is worth taking a trip to Tavira, it is lovely and costs about 10euros in a taxi from the apartments. We will definitely return

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank sunlover21
Reviewed 18 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for two weeks ans I can honestly say that there is really nothing I can complain about which is rare thes days! All staff very polite and helpful, rooms clean and tidy and breakfast very good it was a help yourself buffet. All and all I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012